• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ram 1500 Sag

K
Feb 22, 2016
Belgrade MT
All,

I have a Ram 1500 I have had it a long time and its only short coming is the sag when you put any kind of weight in it. I know its not a 3/4 ton but come on... I put my axys in the back and it drops a good few inches. Fords and Chevy's do not do that. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the aftermarket helper springs/ bag systems offered. I don't want to hear how I need to go buy a 3/4 ton, I get it and I want one but they dont give those bad boys away. I just thought before I go and spend a couple hundred bucks on something I could get some feed back.

Thanks!

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
I tried airbags on my eco diesel and they are junk. They were the kind that went inside the coil. Went to aftermarket heavier springs. They have been awesome. Still rides very smooth but doesn’t sag.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
I tried airbags on my eco diesel and they are junk. They were the kind that went inside the coil. Went to aftermarket heavier springs. They have been awesome. Still rides very smooth but doesn’t sag.

Then you must have purchased cheap bags. I have rear bags and I can adjust them to pull anything I need to without sag. Before bags it did indeed suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
It raised ride height 1”. Can’t remember make and model. Any aftermarket truck stores should be able to find them. I do agree that good air bags would help. But I like not messing with the air compressor and air lines.

BatBusa

Lifetime Membership
Jun 27, 2013
Minnesota
Go with some bags and never worry again. Firestone or Air Ride are perfect. I have installed Firestone in my Dad's 2008 Ram 1500 and I also installed them in my 2015 Ram 3500. Basic install is easy and not bad priced. You will have the perfect rake every time you tow or haul.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
I've always had good luck with Timbren's bump stop spring things...maybe worth looking in to? They are cheap and are currently working well on my 2018 Ford Raptor!

dodgetruck2

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2018
Parker, SD
Ive had two different sets of fire stone ride rites and they are awesome bags and take a good amount of weight now sure the year of the unit your installing but a ram 02 or newer is basically just bolt in setup anything older you need to drill mounting holes, I have also ran a rough country add-a-leaf that surprisingly helped, if you've had the truck awhile and hauled a lot with it good chance the springs are just stretched out its not uncommon

get a set of air bags and do not use the quick connect fittings that come in the kit run down to the hardware store, napa, home depot, lowes or whatever you got local and get some compression style fitting they wont leak and mine would hold 75 psi for a week or better, but the onboard control is about the cost of the bags so always and option also I think you can get it all as a kit for like 500 bucks also

Premium Features