• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
The 6000 has left the building!
yryby4ev.jpg

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Universal repair out in west fargo. He has sled and boat salvage. Talk to darvis he's the guy!

Pulled a little wheelie running it into my trailer

Had a couple parts left over haha

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Four a few problems with it. I figured the vibration when moving was the old style chain tensioner but it wasn't. My track was hitting the steering post bolts and now has one snapped off and the other loose. So back apart it will come to address this and I bought a roller chain tensioner I will have to fab in.
As for clutching I have a yellow green comet primary spring 44.7 grams and a red secondary, not sure what helix?
When it takes off the primary barely moves and the secondary sheaves dont move apart at all.

So more primary weight less spring. Move secondary spring to loosest hole and a steeper helix

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Its a nice touch gotta keep it vintage you know!

Had The wrong primary spring due to the age of the unreadable colors on it. Fortunately I had a box of old springs from an auction sale. So I put in a silver which should be a tad less than the green sliver that I think was in it

Also had a yellow secondary spring in the box and a 51° helix to replace the red and the 49°

Now just the new roller chain tensioner on my next days off

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
im dang close on tuneing but kinda hit the wall as to where to go.

currently
160 mains, main needle raised to #4 slot, 17.5 pilot, 39 grams in the clutch, tightened secondary to middle hole.
getting 900 degrees and 8000 rpm wot

off the line from a dead stop it take off fairly smooth, and roll on power above 1/4 throttle is sharp.
its that 1/8-1/4 rang that falls on its face?

maby I should go back up one pilot size and play with the air screw more, I already did that but didn't change the needle. possibly it could make a difference?

Premium Features