• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest Forums: Report Card 2010 (Sled Ratings)

S

Sir Stuck-A-Lot

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 1, 2010
Polaris 2011

I had an opportunity to ride a Polaris last week and I was totally impressed with the handling, agility, ease of going from my '07 Rev to the Polaris with no learning curve necessary.

The Polaris was light weight. We did a little climbing, of course it wasn't very challenging snow this year. In the short time that I was on it I was able to be a little more aggressive than I thought I could be, not being familiar with the sled.

I am a new and basic member and I am a good rider. I ride a '07 Rev and mostly boondock, I have many friends that hill climb and trail ride. We are all different but happy because we enjoy the snowmobiling sport.:fencing:

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
If your a basic member and you would like to see the site changes go away, then I suggest you not contribute content for free that Snowest is going to turn around and sell.

Thanks for contributing to the forum and boosting our post numbers.

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
Well it's hard to rate my sled when they don't even have my sled on the list, there are no 700's on the list. you will not find a better 700 snowmobile than a 2008 700 RMK dragon 163. and it's not on the list.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
SnoWest would like to invite all members of the Snowmobile community to take part in the "Report Card 2010" project of rating your new or used snowmobile.

Report Card 2010

This is your opportunity to rate your snowmobile based on..

Power Output
Clutching
Overall Handling
Cornering
Suspension
Reliability
Climbing
Powder

You are welcome to rate as many different sleds as you desire.

Thank You.

I just rated several sleds but I am curious..... where will we see the results surface? in the mag, or in forum?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I just rated several sleds but I am curious..... where will we see the results surface? in the mag, or in forum?
So far as I know they stay right there were a perspective buyer can go and look up the rating of any sled they are considering.

H

hatchler

Nov 26, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Hey guys,
Well it's hard to rate my sled when they don't even have my sled on the list, there are no W's on the list. you will not find a better 700 snowmobile than a 2008 700 MK dragon 163. and it's not on the list.

Ditto, I was going to say the same thing... Went to find my sled, nope not there!!! :face-icon-small-sad

I would think Polaris especially would want to know how their most dependable sled rates, considering the black eye they have with the 800 over the past decade and 1/2.

admin1

Administrator
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Sometimes the manufacturers change their lineup after the sleds are entered in late summer and we might miss one or two.

We are entering in the ones you report to us.

This was started in 2000 so there is nothing before that. The first couple years we only did the mountain sleds.

For some reason 2005 only the Arctic Cats sled are there. We will be adding the rest for that year.

Thanks
Chuck Harris

M
Aug 28, 2008
billings,mt.
REPORT CARD 2010

I know sleds have changed alot in the past few years,but,all-in-all the best performance sled I've ever been around is my ZR600.This sled always starts,usually first pull,is entirely stock,except for the studded track, and will stomp most new 800's!I've got pictures of this sled buried on mountain sides or couleys,usuaully with bigger cc sleds with long tracks parked below it!!!!In my opinion most the best overall trail/performance sled of all time is Arctic Cats ZR series!!!!!MTSLDR:rockon:

S

Snow X

Feb 13, 2010
2010 comment

You did not offer 2006 900 RMK So I can't help you!

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
I guess the Ol'e 900 Cat is out of the question, Still it will hold it's own against all the newer and when modded a little, it will tick people off!! Still very reliable over the yrs. But time marches on!

Mike

CROSSFIREMAN

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
iowa
would like to see the firecat series on this report, my 2003 700 snopro is still the best motor i ever rode. some interesting info here as i am considering a yammi for next year.:face-icon-small-sho

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Sometimes the manufacturers change their lineup after the sleds are entered in late summer and we might miss one or two.

We are entering in the ones you report to us.

This was started in 2000 so there is nothing before that. The first couple years we only did the mountain sleds.

For some reason 2005 only the Arctic Cats sled are there. We will be adding the rest for that year.

Thanks
Chuck Harris

Any luck getting the rest of the 2005 sleds added?

H
Feb 4, 2010
Sorry ,,,no modern sleds ,, 1 93 VK Yam , rides like a dream but only
will steer on hard pack and not very tight.....the rest of my sleds
are Yams from the early 70's....ride like buck boards compared to any
"modern" sled ....
Tried a 2008 ApexLT anniversary a few yr ago , that was nice.but really
would like to have one just for the hood and seat,,,it matches my old sleds for colour..
Ron

D
Nov 11, 2009
hey guys guess my sleds not on list either .It was a very capable machine in its day which wasn't that long ago,i've had this sled for 3 yrs w/o so much as a hiccup ,i speak of my 99 summit 670x,one of skidoo's best .:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features