• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cool Teaser from Sweden

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
The movie will be completed in October.

Not sure if there is a possibility of a DVD since most of the riding footage he shot was under contract with Frontier Films. So good news is that all the sick pow footage will be in the new 2SCS movie.

Mikael's film will be shown in movie theaters in Sweden, Finland, and South Africa.

Sadly there is no footage of Christoph from Mikael but I would guess that the new 2SCS movie will have some.

At the very least, more parts of Mikael's film will be available for download later in the year.

He says the music for the film will have stuff like what is in the teaser and a few "regular" songs as well.

So if you guys will not be showing it in the States, why literally tease us?

I was going to say the teaser should be a tad longer with a little more footage, but I guess it doesn't matter if we can't see it.

I know South Africa is crazy!?
Going on a limb here since it is not my deal, I think Mikael just needs to clear some stuff with Frontier Films before he can commit to anything(if at all) in the USA. In all reality Frontier owns the footage since they paid him to film it and I don't blame them for not wanting their own filmer to compete against them.

the images were SWEET!!! and i liked the chill teaser...
don't know if i could watch an entire movie in that tempo thou ;)

i also liked the way it seemed to be built up with riders and why they do what they do...

don't know if it's a totally new idea thou as it appears to me that Extreme Velocity is much the same way... ;)
rider interviews and why and how they do what they do...

looked cool thou and i just hope it get's released soon :D

H

H.I. McDunna

Dec 18, 2007
If you smoke. Allot.

It would be a good time to smoke one long Marlboro you may have stashed away. Maybe duct tape two together. It takes awhile to be downloaded.

BUT...

It is awesome to watch.

I need to fix my sled(s).

Last edited:
M
Sep 13, 2008
I´m Mike and creator of this thing 
I´ve been following this thread after Josh tipped me about it, I must first of all say thanks to all the good comments! Very inspiring…

After a few Q that have been raised I thought I should join and add some comments/answers.

First.. I recommend downloading before the You Tube thing out there. It´s just not the same with that lousy quality. But more of that below..

Second.. a lot of text down there! If you don't wanna read: To sum it all up I love snowmobiling and this video will put some different light on what drives us all, with tempo mix and good quality picture, sound and riding. And hopefully all down loadable for free!

If you don't have any friends and allot of free time.. keep on reading ;:p

Purpose:
This video will be made out of 99% good material in true HD. It will not compete with the highest air or sickest drops... but I guarantee that there will be no shaky lousy shoots nor “whatever jump-shoot just to fill out a song” in it. So it will be based on quality...both in picture quality and riding quality. With that I´m NOT trying to say that I rule and everybody else sucks cause I´m really an amature when it comes to this. BUT… that a lot of snowmobile videos still are being made with cheap DV or HDV cams WITHOUT a tripod... just draws me nuts. There is A LOT of progress going on but… it´s like 10 years behind!

Most sled videos already deliver the feeling that you just want to go out and ride, I´m just saying that it could be done in good quality at the same time.

This video will be different from the main sled flick in the way that it will be kind of more documentary style. As someone said, Extreme Velocity already did that, well that could be but I never saw any of them so that I can comment on it. But then again ski, surf and mountain bike videos have done it for … well… ever! So with that said it really won’t be all new style but at least an alternative in snowmobile video ways.

Maybe not the video you watch while drinking with your friends on a party, cause there already is BUNCH of them out there, but maybe the video you watch the day after while eating that pizza with your friends ;) I´m very inspired by “Step into Liquid”, it´s a Surf movie and if you never saw it… well go get it! (compare that with sled videos from 2003 ;))

Music:
It will contain, well alternative music, more like background music to create emotions. But still there will be A LOT of tempo mix and regular songs too .So you won’t fall asleep ;). If something… music is even MORE important than the tripod.

DVD:

This video will NOT be published (by me at least) on any DVDs… ever. (Except for maybe 500-1000 copies for promotion purpose.) I´m a strong believer that media such as music and video should be published for free over the internet or watched with your friends/community as an social thing.. on let’s say the theater! My plan so far is to create an event in Sweden and Finland where people devoted into snowmobiling can get together for a night and have fun! As Josh said I´ve been filming for Frontier Films this winter (first ever) and I just didn’t raise the Q yet but I think you will all be able to watch this for free by downloading it . If you want a DVD I strongly recommend 2 Stroke Cold Smoke. It will contain more pow than you could ever dream of! I myself do not have any contacts within selling DVD´s in the states, at least not to make DVD´s profitable because I would say the DVD market is out… and have been for the last at least 3 years.

South Africa:
Yes IT IS nuts…(hihi I said nuts)... so nuts that I really want to try it out. I got a contact within tourism down there and people are screaming for new kind of sports and alternatives. It´s just a side thing for fun!
If anyone of you wants to arrange an evening on your local theater…just contact me on micke@tobe.nu and we´ll arrange something.
You will get 2 different videos. Mine and a flick from Ruff Riders 4. Browse it on You Tube.

Wmv ( Format windows media video)
Getting into a war of what format is best is NOT what I want here.. it´s like what’s better, Polaris or Skidoo.
But, I agree, Microsoft suc** in a lot (read most) of ways. But when it comes to their video format it is actually good in two ways. The key word is simplicity..
First of, EVERYONE got media player, I want as many as possible to be able to watch it and we all know most people have windows, I´m not going to be able to change that with one single video, I will just lose a lot of people not being able to open the file, or getting A LOT of emails asking why they can’t open it .
The second thing is that I find it SUPER easy rendering stuff with good quality. In every program I tried, wmv will get a good result with the first button click I do. I got bad experience with most everything else without trying different settings a bunch of times.

YouTube
I just saw that someone have already posted one version before I was able to do it. Why I didn’t before is due to the INCREDIBLE lousy quality You Tube has. As I said before this video will be based on good quality footage and I spent a lot of hard work at least trying to achieve it. I don’t want You Tubes ****ty quality with their “sound out of sync” problem ruin all I worked for. You Tube is GREAT when it comes to kill some time and spread funny or “how to” stuff but is just not suitable for what I want. I´m still trying different settings to get a good copy out on You Tube. Problem is that You Tube will render whatever you put in there again (except for maybe some flv files but I did´nt get it to work good yet). And they also got a bug making sound out of sync some times.

Why tease?
Well I guess there are more people than Americans on this forum? 
And.. you all might be able to download if all runs smooth.

Pardon my English if it suc**
And if something sounds like I´m the opposite side of some onces genitals up there.. I blame my English cause I´m really not :).

Josh feel free to post all this below your text as an "add on" if you want to

Last edited:
Premium Features