• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

208 Productions-"A Calculated Risk" 2009 Teaser

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
Just got our copy two nights ago and have watched it a few times now... definitately has us amped to ride the white stuff again!

The film is packed with a variety of all around excellent footage from tight chute climbing, to technical tree and deep pow riding, to big airs off natural backcountry hits and man-made ramps in a ski resort.... all to good music, a few songs which were just awesom (they are definitly going on the Ipod (like "Cocaine"). The POV footage was awesom!!!! The song Cocaine was put to this section and it gave me mad goose bumps! I found myself on the edge of my seat trying to imagine myself on that sled.... GOOD STUFF! Dont take offense to the name of the song - instead think of the comparison to sledding or more so - the white stuff we ride... it's super addicting, expensive and has the potentail to really mess you and/or your sled up! (That's how this sport has been for me and my man anyways!) And the title "A Calculated Risk" - well, we all know that's exactly what it is every time we venture into that backcountry! Great title!

Got a kick out of seeing some of the knarly stucks these guys got them selves while doing some technical tree riding and had some good rolls down the mountain on a few chute climbs. A few of the riders and their sleds got very lucky!

The interviews were interesting and I know many people will appreciate Kinzer's and Heston's take on riding and our sport. The interview with Chris Burant and his sled was a great add too!

The footage of Matt Potratz's avalanche was incredible and he was lucky to have survived it! Also very nice to include an interview with him and get his perspective on it along with his equipment - it's something everyone should watch! Hope to see Matt out ripping it up this season! It's been a long road in his recovery. It really is an inspiration to see him overcoming this battle. (Remember that a portion of this film's proceeds go to Matt and his family.)

DONT FORGET TO WATCH THE EXTRAS - there is a lot more awesom footage included after the credits! (Footage that you'd expect to see in the main movie.)

Nice job on the film 208! Big improvement over last years too so cant wait to see next years!

Last edited:
A
Nov 27, 2007
McCall Idaho
Thanks for the review! ttt

Also, Website is up and going, with a way to purchase now, Im only set up for paypal right now but will be working on credit card this week,

So to order go to 208filmproductions.com, Click the button that says Visit Store, then add your info/payment info, and you will have a dvd coming your way.

Last edited:
Premium Features