• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PSA: Tom's Shocks - New point of sale for Tom's Snowmobile!

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Just a PSA for anyone looking to upgrade their sled's suspension. Tom's Snowmobile now has a new site dedicated to their aftermarket offerings.

http://www.tomsshocks.com

I can say first hand, the Fox stuff out of the box is good, but leaves a lot to be desired. Tom's experience valving and customizing each setup to each individual rider is stellar, and really brings the most out of these dampers. To add, he does so at no additional charge (versus buying Fox stuff from any other web outlet)

His torsion bar delete skid setup is probably the one single best upgrade for those who ride in the mountains. Crazy adjustable air shock (spring curve, rate as well as damping). Get that transfer under control while keeping the sled playful. Frankly, torsion bars belong in the 90s. Not on the G4. Though he's not the only one doing a delete, he is the only one doing a delete with an air spring - which IMO is a great compliment to a skid.

This is what brought me to Tom and made me realize how cool his stuff is. He has a bunch of new hardware to compliment this kit just coming back from the machine shop as I type.

Anyway, just wanted to point people to the new site!

FULL DISCLOSURE - I built the site!

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Just a PSA for anyone looking to upgrade their sled's suspension. Tom's Snowmobile now has a new site dedicated to their aftermarket offerings.

I can say first hand, the Fox stuff out of the box is good, but leaves a lot to be desired. Tom's experience valving and customizing each setup to each individual rider is stellar, and really brings the most out of these dampers. To add, he does so at no additional charge (versus buying Fox stuff from any other web outlet)

His torsion bar delete skid setup is probably the one single best upgrade for those who ride in the mountains. Crazy adjustable air shock (spring curve, rate as well as damping). Get that transfer under control while keeping the sled playful. Frankly, torsion bars belong in the 90s. Not on the G4. Though he's not the only one doing a delete, he is the only one doing a delete with an air spring - which IMO is a great compliment to a skid.

This is what brought me to Tom and made me realize how cool his stuff is. He has a bunch of new hardware to compliment this kit just coming back from the machine shop as I type.

Full disclosure: What is your discount from Tom to pimp his products, and does he actually test his stuff before selling it?

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Full disclosure: What is your discount from Tom to pimp his products, and does he actually test his stuff before selling it?

I work for him (EG: I'm a consultant. I help businesses facilitate a better customer experience through web development, understanding the market better, bringing in better processes to facilitate shorter order-to-delivery times, better brand communication etc etc)

I was totally transparent in mentioning this - as I am about Silber.

Testing done by Rob Hoff, Duncan Lee and a few others.

He did move to a new billet rocker arm this year that is stronger. Just coming from machine shop now.

I came to Tom as a customer, a guy who saw his product work first hand and thought "dang, that works very well, now I want to help make it better"

In any case, if you have feedback, I'm all ears. Point here is to develop the best product possible and provide really good customer service.

Cheers!

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
Can't say enough good things about Toms, I drive an hour out of my way just to do business with him. Hope this website will get him some extra time to develop his goodies!!

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Can't say enough good things about Toms, I drive an hour out of my way just to do business with him. Hope this website will get him some extra time to develop his goodies!!

That is the goal!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
IMO...Tom is one of the best in the field.

He's been the backbone of Fox Snow Development for years... and cares about his customers.

I really like his approach to packages and how all components need to be working in harmony together.

Also... I do not have any products nor affiliation to his business, receive no discount nor product or services from him... (though Justin will probably still ask this). I have pointed countless readers to his stuff and 100% of them have been excited about the value and improvement from their purchases.

Last edited:
S
Nov 5, 2014

Any idea why the site is down?

Sent from my UMIDIGI X using Tapatalk

B
Feb 18, 2009

I bought his Evolution Air setup years ago. It worked really good but I don't ride hard enough on rough terrain to justify a another shock like that. What I can say is that Tom was awesome to work with, simply outstanding customer service and would recommend doing business with him to anyone no question about it.

G

gilmoreb

Nov 23, 2012
Agreed! Years ago I lost a motor (under warranty) on a Sunday ride, dropped my sled off, he air shipped a long block in and I was riding the following Saturday. didnt miss a day. Thats customer service. I have actually traveled 3 states to still buy from Tom after I moved from California.

Premium Features