• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Setting up 16 m8000 153 sno pro

Mar 7, 2017
West Bend, WI
Heading out west in a week to Wyoming and going to be riding 8-10000 feet. I purchased a Hypershift clutch kit from Speedwerx that I have to install yet but my biggest questions are what should my shocks be set to? I have regular float 3s that I just had rebuilt. I tried the search option and lots of info on the evols but mines not a ltd so it also only has the 2.6” track. I’ve done some flat land riding with it but it’s my first trip in 10 years to go out west. Any info on limiters, ski stance, suspension and set up would be greatly appreciated. I’m 170lbs without gear. Going to be riding with some guys that have been out in the past and ride 16 axys rmks. Hoping to at least hang with these guys, any help would be great, thanks

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
set up

Try one spacer on the outside of the spindle and see how you like it. Limiter strap all the way out, skis shocks at 50 -60 frt skid 60 and rear skid 125. Start there and adjust as needed, remember to adjust pressure with no load and at ambient riding temp. There is no perfect setup as we are all different and want different responses. After you adjust your skis and suspension try balancing the sled on one ski. You need to find the balance point for your body position. I have done this in the shop, sounds stupid but it helps. You can even do this on flat ground practice this going slow until your comfortable. It will help you out west, remember if the sled is trenching its how the suspension is set up don't be afraid to make changes. Sometimes a few psi is all it takes. good luck

Mar 7, 2017
West Bend, WI
Try one spacer on the outside of the spindle and see how you like it. Limiter strap all the way out, skis shocks at 50 -60 frt skid 60 and rear skid 125. Start there and adjust as needed, remember to adjust pressure with no load and at ambient riding temp. There is no perfect setup as we are all different and want different responses. After you adjust your skis and suspension try balancing the sled on one ski. You need to find the balance point for your body position. I have done this in the shop, sounds stupid but it helps. You can even do this on flat ground practice this going slow until your comfortable. It will help you out west, remember if the sled is trenching its how the suspension is set up don't be afraid to make changes. Sometimes a few psi is all it takes. good luck

Thanks for the input! I’m not currently by my sled but isn’t the front track shock a Fox spring style? I’ve been comfortable with 2 spacers on outside but willing to try one, how narrow of a setting affects the paneling out?

Mar 7, 2017
West Bend, WI
Okay I’ll try an inch of threads showing on fts and 125 in the rear, 60 in the skis. Limiters all the way out. If I find that I’m trenching what steps should I take? Thanks

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i think youd better be on your game if ya wanna hang with the axys. 3" track would help. id cut the outer fingers off your 2.6, it sounds like a big improvement. if speedwerx sold you a helix make sure its shallower angle not steeper. hypershift makes me think "trail helix", you want hyperbackshift lol.
id prolly just put lighter weights in like 66 grams and ride it.

Mar 7, 2017
West Bend, WI
i think youd better be on your game if ya wanna hang with the axys. 3" track would help. id cut the outer fingers off your 2.6, it sounds like a big improvement. if speedwerx sold you a helix make sure its shallower angle not steeper. hypershift makes me think "trail helix", you want hyperbackshift lol.
id prolly just put lighter weights in like 66 grams and ride it.

I was gonna use the stock cat helix for 6-8000 feet and the Speedwerx springs and weights, hopefully it works okay. Is cutting the fingers off have any downside?

Premium Features