• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjustable steering post on 18 MC

ARCTIC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I am 6’2” and I miss my adjustable steering post. I am thinking of adding one to the 18 MC. It looks like there was a new steering post upper part #1705-511 on some of the 2016 and newer a/c sleds. Has anyone had experience with this new post or can I use a post from a 12-15 Sno Pro. Btw the older steering post upper part# 1705-405. This is not the complete assembly that has changed, just the parts mentioned.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
You could just buy a skidoo or powermadd adjustable riser. Way more simple and won't break on you.

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
The same steering post works just fine... New ones are 1 " lower.. So if you want, you should order the old one.. Thats what i did.. Difference you see at pic...
9f1882fa0e8e7788d0816b0065b50a62.jpg

ARCTIC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Boise, Idaho
You could just buy a skidoo or powermadd adjustable riser. Way more simple and won't break on you.

I looked at the skidoo one on an 18 and was thinking about going that way but I have never had any problems with the a/c adjustable ones. I know some guys don’t like them because of too much play.

Fudge313, the post that goes below the parts that you pictured is the part that changed. I am not sure if it is also compatible with the 18. I wasn’t aware that there was a change in the parts that you pictured as well. Good info. Btw, the part you pictured is called the adjusting block assembly.

Last edited:

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
I looked at the skidoo one on an 18 and was thinking about going that way but I have never had any problems with the a/c adjustable ones. I know some guys don’t like them because of too much play.

Fudge313, the post that goes below the parts that you pictured is the part that changed. I am not sure if it is also compatible with the 18. I wasn’t aware that there was a change in the parts that you pictured as well. Good info. Btw, the part you pictured is called the adjusting block assembly.
I mean every peace from old adjustable steering post fit on 18.. No changes o those. Only that block is one inch lower..

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
Difference is that the mounting plate on the 18 is a different material which makes it lighter than the adjustable post. I put the adjustable post on my 2018 because I like it more, but I have the after market heavy duty bushing kit which makes a world of difference in reducing the wobble IMO.

ARCTIC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Yes, the mounting plate is a little heavier. I wanted to salvage the original post so I purchased a complete post with the mounting plate included. I had to shave a little ear off of the aluminum plate to make the hood clear completely. As Fudge313 posted, the adjusting block on the newer 2016 and newer sleds is about 1” shorter. I also found that the upper steering post (the lower portion of the whole moving assembly) is also a little shorter. Overall it seems to be about 2”-3” shorter than the older adjustable post but still gives about 2” over the stock fixed post. Hopefully it should be just enough height to keep me from going down the trail bent over while standing up. I plan to ride tomorrow:eyebrows:

Premium Features