• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys won't idle even after TPS adjustment

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
I've posted about this and even asked questions on other threads about the TPS adjustment and I'm still not getting the fix that I need.

The sled will not idle on it's own and it get's worse up on the mountain. When I first start it it will idle great on it's own for a few seconds but then just dies after it starts dropping in RMP.

I've got a 2016 Axys with a BD sidekick. I've had the ECU and BD box flashed to the latest flashes. I've adjusted the TPS multiple times and still end up with the same result. I first adjustment I made to the TPS was .700 for the base and .940 to the idle but it didn't help. I've since set the base to .675, .680, .685, .690, .700, .715 and I get the same result for each one.

The sled runs great other than it just won't idle.

Here is link to a video of what the sled is doing. Any ideas or suggestions? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHEmksUl3tc

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
Have you tried running/idling it without the BD box?

I don't know why I didn't think of that! I just unhooked the BD box and it idles just fine. Have sent a message to BD asking for a solution. I'll report back once I have a solution so others that may have the same issue can see a potential fix.

Thanks a ton!!

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
Glad you figured it out. I would now go back and set the TPS base to exactly .700. That has always been a critical number in making the sled run properly. Then make sure throttle cable adjustment is where it needs to be. To tight no good, to loose no good. :beer;

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
If your base is not at .700 the entire map will be off. Leave the base at .700

You want to adjust your idle setting. With my turbo i like the the idle setting to be around .950 oppossed to the stock spec of .940 If you go too high it will throw an engine code, just fyi.

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
Great feedback everyone. We’ll see what BD says.

I will go back in and set the base to .700 and then set the idle to where it’s just right. I’ll make sure that I have the right amount of slack in the cable.

Thanks again!!

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Great feedback everyone. We’ll see what BD says.

I will go back in and set the base to .700 and then set the idle to where it’s just right. I’ll make sure that I have the right amount of slack in the cable.

Thanks again!!

Make sure you disconnect the throttle cable from the flipper before setting the base setting. It's a lot easier to do that than disconnect it from the throttle bodies. This prevents any possible cable tension from holding the blades open. I also reach in and flip the the blades a couple of times to ensure they are closed.

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
Make sure you disconnect the throttle cable from the flipper before setting the base setting. It's a lot easier to do that than disconnect it from the throttle bodies. This prevents any possible cable tension from holding the blades open. I also reach in and flip the the blades a couple of times to ensure they are closed.

When I did the first TPS adjustment I disconnected the cable from the throttle bodies..... won’t make that mistake again. Had my wife out in the garage helping me hold it WOT while I reconnected the cable when I was done :face-icon-small-dis

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Your belt deflection set correctly? A little too tight will keep you down a few hundred rpm's at idle and stall it going into reverse.

Premium Features