• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Axys

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming

Conclusion: on deep lug track turbos with insufficient tunnel clearance to run 8-9 tooth drivers, use Avid 2-piece combo drivers and a fully clipped track at tightest tension you can manage without bottom end detriment or braking feeling on throttle off coasting. Again, stay away from any extrovert driver design that's going to drive the extrovert cogs against track rubber...you want the star tips butting up against metal if you want efficiency.

So how about a fully clipped 2.6 Axys track with 8 tooth Pro drivers-(and driveshaft) that still have excellent clearance and on boost.?

I feel that from your statement above, the extrovert is the issue now.. as the introverts,can slip on the nubs.
At least we fully clipped the track to rid of the annoying wear, but run the chance of deflecting the drive nubs under boost.....

We have 3 Axys set up this way for this season, and didn't want to have to go to extro's and the anti stab- as why we are trying this route--
It flat out worked awesome last season never slipped, and could run the track tension where we wanted to - but boost is the addition this year.... and sounding like it's going to be an issue.....

Last edited:

switchassault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2010
mn
I went with Avid extroverts and their anti stab kit on my Axys 3" chaincase, 163/ Silber with Raptor shocks

My dilemma is what track to use. The stock Polaris 3" (light weight) or the challenger X3 ( fully clipped but heavier).?...
I would think the stock 3" would be better in powder, but, am I asking for issues not having all the windows clipped???? And am I better off with the more heavy duty X3 having the turbo?

AK- ordered my anti stab through Avid and it looks nothing like yours... is yours from Avid? Mine looks like it was made by Wahl Bros... Like the look of yours better

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Mine is from Iceage. Billet 4 wheel kit.

The Polaris 3" is working well IMO. I have not issues as it stands and I did some serious alder bashing last weekend.

J

jhillam

May 2, 2010
So how about a fully clipped 2.6 Axys track with 8 tooth Pro drivers-(and driveshaft) that still have excellent clearance and on boost.?

I feel that from your statement above, the extrovert is the issue now.. as the introverts,can slip on the nubs.
At least we fully clipped the track to rid of the annoying wear, but run the chance of deflecting the drive nubs under boost.....

We have 3 Axys set up this way for this season, and didn't want to have to go to extro's and the anti stab- as why we are trying this route--
It flat out worked awesome last season never slipped, and could run the track tension where we wanted to - but boost is the addition this year.... and sounding like it's going to be an issue.....

I believe you will have better success with the 8 tooth pro drivers. Try them under boost before switching out to more expensive Avids.

benltr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2013
It's a gearing thing -- what works on 7's don't work at all on 8's
The 8's have not slipped on 3 of our sleds, boosted and non.

With the 8 tooth, do you swap your quick drive gears to older model (2.09 gearing)? Or you have a TKI or Kurt gear down kit?

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Its an old thread, but if you are running boost with every other window clipped, it will ratchet. I has this problem with my tnytro when I first got it and went through 2 sets of drivers before realizing the problem was not having a fully clipped track. Put a fully clipped track on, and had no more problems.

S
Dec 28, 2009
I am running into ratcheting issue was a stock 2019 850 SKS 146. I ride at 300feet above sealevel and am using the 20T 40B 8tooth stock setup. The track is tight, only a 1/2 inch left on the adjuster.

I am looking to choose between clipping the inside windows or installing the extravert drivers. Has anyone had sucess clipping the inside windows with the stock polaris drivers? If I can avoid using an anti-stab kit that would be my preference.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I am running into ratcheting issue was a stock 2019 850 SKS 146. I ride at 300feet above sealevel and am using the 20T 40B 8tooth stock setup. The track is tight, only a 1/2 inch left on the adjuster.

I am looking to choose between clipping the inside windows or installing the extravert drivers. Has anyone had sucess clipping the inside windows with the stock polaris drivers? If I can avoid using an anti-stab kit that would be my preference.
On a stock track if your having issues, We fully clip the outer window's -- generally it's not slipping issues why we did it.. it was a wear issue from the hyfax eating the track where every other window was not clipped... are your speaking about track tension adjuster or the chain case tension adjuster.. I can't imagine only having only 1/2" of adjustment on the track tension adjustment.. there you might find your answer!

if your going to run the extrovert's you need to fully clip the outer windows that run on your hyfax... Polaris stock drivers run on the inner nubs of the track and the center driver generally is a catch point, and we omit that center driver generally, but still can be used.

Last edited:
Premium Features