• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Help 2014 Pro Diagnosis

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I'm looking for some advice on what tests I can run to diagnose a 2014 Pro 800 that won't run. I fired up the sled for a warm up on the trailer, it idled for a couple minutes then shut down on it's own and wouldn't restart. It was a very cold morning so I thought frozen water in fuel system but this wasn't the case. I swapped out the stator, still won't run. I plugged the fuel pump into a 12 volt source and the sled runs fine until I unplug the 12 volt source then the sled quits. I checked and cleaned up the ground, not the problem either. What would be my next logical step forward? Sled has about 3,200 miles. I hate to take it to a dealer @ $110.00/hr. Any advice from those in the know would be appreciated.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Found the problem, thanks for the input. One of the wires coming off the plug to the voltage regulator was badly discolored. Where the plug connects to the wiring harness it was nearly welded together (maybe from poor connection). It looks like a may need a new wiring harness and possibly new VR or I may try a Magivered up nig rig with cutting and splicing to circumvent the loused up plug. Thanks again.

Premium Features