• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK Axys tether installation video & Axys carbon windshield

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
Thank You, nice video. How much with the carbon fiber under bar mount? Also does the orientation of the 2 wires you plugged in matter? Thanks.

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
Does not matter the orientation of the plug, either way works.
We do not have the tether for sale, only the carbon under bar mount on our site for $29

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Also, I have had a bunch of guys (mostly 4 strokes) that have told me how they destroyed a $10.000 motor because they got flipped off their sled and it idled upside-down while they were stuck in chest deep powder 15 ft away. Obviously a 2 stroke will run longer upside-down before the lack of oil will make a difference but I'm sure it would not take long to get air bubbles in the oil lines.

The Phantom Teth-Air has a programmable Roll-Over Switch that will activate in as little as 0.5 seconds or take as long as 3 seconds. (1/2 second increments)

If you are pinned under your sled with your corded tether on, I hope you have your arm free to pull the cord.

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
Be careful with that pro-armor style tether, it is common for them to freeze if you leave it overnight in the freezing rain. Water gets in and freezes the plunger in position.

You will pull the cord and the plunger will stick and the sled will keep running. After I warm up the sled in the morning I pull the tether when it is time to shut it off and make sure it is working, and if it isn't I cycle it until all the ice is cleared out. Good thing to do every ride with any tether, wired or wireless.

I have also had the OEM kind with the rubber boot stick, those are even harder to clear of ice.

Premium Features