• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ski-doo 174"

any of you doo guys out there running the 174 how do you like it and what all did you have to do

i have a 2001 summit 700 and i put one on it last winter and i love the **** out of it it was the greatest up gread ive ever done to a sled all i did was regear it and a lil bit of clutching every one said it would be to much track for in the trees and to tell ya the truth i dont even notice its back there if your thinkin about one its well werth the money any ? feel free to ask

D
Oct 13, 2008
Talk to Robbie at avid products. He runs a 174x3" on his xp. He makes an extended chaincase for them. Runs 8 tooth drivers and I think 19/49 gears. I ride with him from time to time and it is impressive where it will go. Way better than my xrs with a 174x2.5". My 07 xrs with the slp kit will spank a stock xp. I know its not exactly apples to apples but thats the way it is.

Last edited:
Talk to Robbie at avid products. He runs a 174x3" on his xp. He makes an extended chaincase for them. Runs 8 tooth drivers and I think 19/49 gears. I ride with him from time to time and it is impressive where it will go. Way better than my xrs with a 174x2.5". My 07 xrs with the slp kit will spank a stock xp. I know its not exactly apples to apples but thats the way it is.

i ride with robbie alot hes the reason me and my dad went with the 174 its the only way to go and he makes really good stuff i run all of his products he made me rail extension to go from a 136 to a 174 and have not had one problem with them

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Better than Nos, Now it won't be faster, but it wil go farther than a 45 horse shot with what ever track you run.

Now i didn't notice the difference in lenghth either in the trees, Till I had to almost come to a stop, stood on the throttle ,and it didn't sink into the snow.

I used no drop and roll, I had 7 tooth 3 pitch drives which help the gear I already lowered with the 159 i had, and the 7's gave me Plenty of clearance for snow. easy install. you won't regret it.

Now I run boost and you can't go wrong with that.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Dave, we did 7T Avids, also geared down...it's a TRACTOR and lost only 2-3 mph climbing track speed (corrected for driver size) vs the stock 163. Impressive in the deep....right there with any 700-800 class PG turbo that we came across on a deep climb.
This year I am doinf a 860 163 to compare with a stock engine 174 to see where the $$ is best spent, should be interesting.

Premium Features