• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A few progress pics of my yamadoo

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Wait, I have it your using the valet key? Ok I am sorry I am bored.
wtf?? valet key?

im gonna steal my buddies comression tester and see if i cant figure something out with that, also borrowing a multi meter to check voltage stuff cant hurt.. as far as codes.. dont think so, the fuel thing is constandtly flashing, gotta figure a fix out for that, but other then that nothing i have noticed.

i also am gonna make a run to home depot tommorow and rig up a pressure tester and see if i dont have something stupid kicking me in the pants.

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
Nick, to get that flashing light to go away because of the fuel gauge just wire a resistor in between the two wires on the plugin. You need enough ohms to get it to show above empty so it won't show that you are low on fuel too.Ken...

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
sweet... luckily resistors are cheap...ill try that cuz i hate the flashing light.

on ty4stroke it was suggested i check my valve lash as the 03's like to do funny stuff and get out of spec.. could be causing me some of my issues.. more stuff to keep working on. i cant beleive how much money i keep dumping at this thing to try and fix it!! ARGH!!

i need to hunt down a leak down tester i can borrow/rent.. but this would help see if my issues are internal or external, if i have valves which arent closing properly then im gonna have issues up in the RPM range.

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Compression test

I could be wrong But I think you could tell something from a simple compression test. Also a leak down test would give you a good idea as well to what is going on. I think it seems like you have it figured out how to get enough fuel to it.

I read a while back on ty4 that there is nothing you can really do to clean up a bad coil. Maybe just check the coil with a multimeter. As well as the stator. These things are simple and take minutes. Also Make sure you have all your grounds hooked up as well.

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
i cant beleive how much money i keep dumping at this thing to try and fix it!! ARGH!!

QUOTE]

Hey, your build is coming together! It's amazing how all the little piddly things start adding up:eek:
Your not using scholarship money to fund this build are you? I remember back when I went to school a couple of scholarships I received actually paid with a check payable to me!!!!! I remember buying a CR250R shortly there after. If North Valley Hospital is listening...Sorry!

Keep up with the updates!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
no, its all money i earn working, but its cutting into my funds for the rest of my life! not eating fance food no more!!

i can definately get a compression tester tommorw, and even if i just crank it to TDC and see if the thing just instantly looses compresion..... oh man, i have a tool at my parents house i bought for my old chevy, its basically a leak tester, but i used it to hold the valves closed when i was swapping springs, would be perfect for this.. oh well.

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
You're going to need a 10mm adapter for the compression tester. Also you have to open the throttle AND hold the slide up when testing the compression to get an accurate reading.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
You're going to need a 10mm adapter for the compression tester. Also you have to open the throttle AND hold the slide up when testing the compression to get an accurate reading.
yeah.. the 10mm adapter, having fun finding one that isnt $$$$$$$$$ around here or only can find one with a super nice gauge, and i dont have that kinda money.

i took my charge tube off and ran the thing and its still doing a very similar thing, not sure what on earth is going on, gonna run it in the dark and see if i can tell if the coils are sucking a big one.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I just bought a new craftsman comp tester with 4 adaptors, 10mm was one of em!

it was on sale and was around $30.00

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
huh... guess i need to look harder.

as far as running w/ no turbo, i loosened the crap out of my header bolts so it wasnt gonna spool much of anything!!

had a tought, could be something simple like it is starving for fuel, i have a single 3/8" line into a T then feeding into the two single lines, i might need to lines off the regulator. might be something i could try out.. hate for it to be that simple, but dont want to waste time, might get the fittings when im out getting a comp tester!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, im gonna go try and crank my pressure to see if i can get it to go higher, and then if it shows some result im gonna go for double lines, actually, think i should do it anyways!

and turbo... your only allowed to respond on either here or TY.. you cant harass me on both forums!! :)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i tried cranking fuel pressure, more made it worse, less made it a little cleaner, but still happened. if i sit and hammer it into the stuttering it loads up bad and will almost die if you let off it. i pulled plugs after banging on the stutter and the they are soaked in gas. you have to sit and blip the throttle after you come off the stutter to help clean it out cuz it gets WAY loaded up. seems electrical as its independant of boost, its just as the RPM/load gets up so does the failure

seems ignition related, im going to get a multimeter to do some testing on it tonight/tommorow to make sure everything is in spec.. argh. and im still trying to hunt down a leak down tester as well...

Last edited:

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
i tried cranking fuel pressure, more made it worse, less made it a little cleaner, but still happened. if i sit and hammer it into the stuttering it loads up bad and will almost die if you let off it. i pulled plugs after banging on the stutter and the they are soaked in gas. you have to sit and blip the throttle after you come off the stutter to help clean it out cuz it gets WAY loaded up. seems electrical as its independant of boost, its just as the RPM/load gets up so does the failure

seems ignition related, im going to get a multimeter to do some testing on it tonight/tommorow to make sure everything is in spec.. argh. and im still trying to hunt down a leak down tester as well...

i know at haydays 100 people tried to buy jus the coils from us. that might be a common problem that your having

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
coil

I have one brand new coil in the garage for a rx1. The guy I bought my tvec from had a rx1 before and he gave me all the extra parts he had. If you find you have a bad one I would definately send it to you next day and you can use it till you find a different one. I would guess it would be more then one though. Go out to the shop turn the light off start the sled and watch the boots. I think you would see the arcing. I think some guys even said you can hear it. Might be hard with your lack of muff.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, there is no hearing of anything but the exhaust, especially in the garage!! shes a noisy one.

i did the lights off and ran it in the garage, no visible arcing, but even if they arc down inside the tube it could be causing me issues ya know? thats why it does OK.. but dies under load especially, i got a multimeter, so now i can test away on the coils.

Premium Features