• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 M6000 141

daknapp

Premium Member
Aug 29, 2013
Adirondacks, Northern NY
I'm considering an M6000 141 as a sled to bridge the gap between riding in the Northeast and annual trips to Wyoming. Will I be disappointed with the smaller heat exchanger of the M-chassis for trail riding? I currently have a 2015 XF6000 High Country w/ 141 x 2 1/4 track that I am going to put up for sale. I have a 2014 XF8000 High Country well as that has been stretched to 153 x 2.8. I'm interested in moving into the new Ascender platform, especially after riding a friends Gen4 850 last winter in the Snowy's. (I've also toyed with the purchase of a Summit 850 146). Any input would be appreciated.

dak

P
Nov 30, 2015
SE Idaho
Runs Cool

I have a 2017 M6000 153 2.6 with about 600 miles now. I ride with mainly 800s. During icy morning rides in last spring I realized how different cooling is on the 600. They all would have to stop to cool down, throw snow on the cooler, etc. and my temp never went much over 120 F. Of course I still have to have scratches down and go fast enough to throw snow up, but never over heated. Normally it runs around 105 F. Putting around for kid rides it will heat up a little more on hard pack. I think it is just less heat load from the 600 on the same size (800) cooler. I had a 2016 Axys 800 for a while that ran much hotter in the same conditions.

For out west I would definitely recommend the 153. Will it do everything an 800 can do, no, but I have been really impressed by what this sled can do. I think you would run out of track before you ran out of power on a shorter track. But, I will say it is not fast on the trail. Top speed is about 60 mph and anything above 45 feels like you are flogging it. I still wouldn't change anything because it works so well off trail. If trail speed is important, the shorter track would be better. Anyway, I like it for what it is and I bet the chassis updates and new body make it even better. I do wish they still had the 600 snopro. I think the only 600 mountain sled is the base model.

daknapp

Premium Member
Aug 29, 2013
Adirondacks, Northern NY
Thanks for the comparison with the 800 motor with the same size heat exchanger as the 600. I'm not interested in the trail speed and am familiar with the trail speed and handling of the 141" 600 High Country (especially with the front torsion uncoupled). I also run scratcher with the High Country's.

For those deeper snow depths of the West I will still have the 153" 800 High Country that has been narrowed to 38".

I'm anxious to try the narrower Ascender platform and side panels. I've found a new dealer under the Textron ownership that's located a M6000 and offering $100 over their cost.

Premium Features