• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help...yet another problem with the 900

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT

also, i do have a ideal electrical meter that i bought while i was going to college, will that work or will i need to make one to test the tps

sent you a PM to help you out..

NO..build a tester..thats the only way it will work on the IQs

unless someone has one he can borrow right now..mine is not together..:eek: (they dont work well once you drop them a few feet :eek:

sledmanhof

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2005
Canistota, South Dakota
ok so i got the tester built and it is working right...but now im a little confused yet while im testing the tps...am i suppose to hold it at wot from the start of it or does that come in later...also, are the ranges for the voltages all different cause the range that this one comes in is from about 2 volts to about 4.8 volts

when i tried it the first time i didnt have it at WOT so when i was working with the sync screw and spring id press the plates together after the spring was removed id get about 2.750....when i did that i then tried to put the spring back in but i would have a lower voltage and wouldnt be able to get the voltage high enough....

could my whole tps sensor be bad?

i dont know if im doing something wrong with that or if something isnt working but it cant be that hard can it...

also does anyone have the specs that the 900 should be, i see alot of cfi sleds but no efi

any help is greatly appreciated
thanks

Last edited:

2poor

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Boise Idaho
I have a few questions what have you done with the engine have you pulled it down to fix oil leak and if so you have to pull flywheel. if you did not get the key lined up with the flywheel or it pushed the key out then crank. If this happens then then engine is out of time and it will idle up, backfire, not go into rev. and when you try to start it is very hard to pull over.

sledmanhof

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2005
Canistota, South Dakota
its not hard to pull over, id say its normal. the dealer is the one that tore the engine apart and put it back together so im assuming they put it back the way its supose to go. also i didnt notice any idling up and the backfiring was going on when it wouldnt start, but i got that fixed, its not doing once its running

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
sounds to me that your tps is sticking mine did that and wouldn't go below 3.45 volts and it ran pig rich would hardly stay running unless i was over 3/4 throttle here are some excerpts from the manual hope they help

So when it is set right it should be .92-.94 volts

tpsbaselinesetting.jpg

tpssettingdiagram.jpg

tpssettinginstructions900rmk.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

sledmanhof

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2005
Canistota, South Dakota
im starting to think that this one is sticking also cause at idle it is reading 2.067 volts and thats the lowest it will go. the highest at wot is right around 5 volts. should i order a new tps sensor now too? does anyone happen to have a part number for it

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
here is the part number i buy from babbits online the give a decent discount

SKU: 3131591
SENSOR-THROTTLE POSITION 1 $115.9

I highly recommend to replace the sensor pigtail as stated before if you are replacing the harness. i made that mistake too. did my tp and not the harness and it cost me another ride.

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
Replace the harness first

I'd replace the harness first then try to set the tps.

Watch your engine temp when you idle so it doesn't go into limp mode, 10 minutes is kinda long. If the temp goes over 205 it goes into limp mode and you won't get very many rpms out of it.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
I'd replace the harness first then try to set the tps.

Watch your engine temp when you idle so it doesn't go into limp mode, 10 minutes is kinda long. If the temp goes over 205 it goes into limp mode and you won't get very many rpms out of it.

he says he can't get the reading below 2 volts which means the tps is bad.

sledmanhof

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2005
Canistota, South Dakota
alright i kept messing around with the tps and i got it to adjust to where it needed to be so thats all good. i just got the harness today and put that on and now it has the power that its suppose to like normal but i did notice the reverse still doesnt engage, even at higher rpms which isnt a real big deal to us.

thanks for all the help, now we just need to look into the oil issue yet and we should be good as new

Premium Features