• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber kit???

A

Arctic Kapp

Mar 9, 2013
the boat, CO
Wondering if anyone has any install pics or pics of a kit installed, just for reference. Also what numbers are u guys running

S

standup06

Dec 3, 2007
minnesota
Here are the numbers I have been running 6-10k elevation

Green 5
Yellow 3
Red 2.5
Green blue 4.5
Yellow blue 6.5
Red blue 7

Texasnowman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 18, 2015
Mobeetie Texas
My new Silber kit has no oil pump / tank They are using the oil from the intake ports Have not got installed yet or tested but will get some pics and some truth about the kit So far looks good

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
bcd310b8e648a7284604a5fbceba5bde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
you do the install Yourself??? how bad was it??

I have to say the end of the year for me is so crazy I do not have time so I had my local shop install... 2nd issue my wife looks at riding time and wrenching time as one in the same... That being said make sure you call and asked for updated instructions because the one on the website and in the box is not current... It took them 4 hours at the shop then a couple of hours of tuning ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Arctic Kapp

Mar 9, 2013
the boat, CO
I ended up doing the install myself at the end of the season. Got a couple rides in, and never quit got it dialed in. Prolly get out in the next dump we get and play with the numbers. I kept throwing a DET code on my proclimb. We will see

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I ended up doing the install myself at the end of the season. Got a couple rides in, and never quit got it dialed in. Prolly get out in the next dump we get and play with the numbers. I kept throwing a DET code on my proclimb. We will see

What are you running for fuel? Might want to throw some octane at it.

S

sampo

Apr 27, 2015
Where you have the fuel controller? Under the hood? Anyone have picture of ecu in new place?

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
What elevation and what numbers on ur box are u running?
I had a long talk with silber then a talk with mds.... I am going to try the numbers they recommended for my altitude... This weekend then will try the clutch kit mds makes for turbo tree riding ... And will report back..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A

Arctic Kapp

Mar 9, 2013
the boat, CO
I had a long talk with silber then a talk with mds.... I am going to try the numbers they recommended for my altitude... This weekend then will try the clutch kit mds makes for turbo tree riding ... And will report back..

Yes, please do let me know

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
OK swapped green spring for yellow stock and was using cutlers adjustable weights with 74 grams it worked much better than the green for boon docking ... Tomorrow riding with the mds set up... They use a Polaris black spring with his adjustable weights... He suggested 77 grams with his spring so I will report back.. Just loading into the trailer was 20 times better... Super incredibly smooth with mds... Keep in mind I run 7 pounds of boost and the stock fueling works way better from silber with the clutching changes ... No more midrange hicup...

S
Apr 2, 2014
Wi
I'd have to look to see my numbers, but it was very close to their baseline numbers on their website. Now working on transferring the kit to my 16'. I have the headlight deleted, ecu relocated(not real fond of it under the throttle body's) now just need to route my intake up to a snorkel

image.jpg

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
OK guys here is my report... If you have a silber turbo and like the trees and boondocking ... Here are the steps to follow...

1. Buy the turbo
2. Open the box and throw out their clutching kit
3. Talk to Steve with mds and have him set you up with his spring and weights
4. Install and smile...

This is no exaggeration on my part the clutching is so much better it is a night and day difference ... I gained at least 1000 lower engagement and still revs smooth. My mid end bobble is gone. As it turns out silbers fueling is good once it's clutched right...

f726584320b293b0914e1a5d7d4a864a.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features