• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx supercharger install pics.

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Man this thread went to crap quick...

Use this thought... When is the Supercharger ever off boost? Does it not inject extra fuel everytime boost is introduced?
Why wouldn't it use more fuel?
You literally CAN'T not burn extra fuel on the trail ride up cause it's always on boost even when your taking it easy. I've noticed this back to back, the Turbo's save a lot of fuel that way when your taking it easier on the trail. No way out of it on the Supercharger. Another reason big bores especially the 1000's are thirstier no matter how delicate you try to ride them.
That was retarded bringing up the triangle or square symbols on the ECU's, that's such a small factor in comparison to extra injectors and boost. Lol

And no, I'm not on my first season talking smack about sleds. We know better than to compare at the pump and not the gauge. Somehow having a second Proclimb on the same fuel controller with just a pipe wasn't enough merit for comparison side by side with the Supercharger for fuel consumption?
Honestly, all of our Turbo's aren't that significant in difference for fuel mileage compared to all the factory sleds. There's a lot of variables no doubt such as most of the guys on the Turbo's in our groups tend to ride more and harder than the guys on factory sleds that just come to hang out on the hill.

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
The kit comes with bigger injectors to replace the stock ones.

This is funny, so bigger one's, but yet the symbol on the ECU is supposed to be the big factor? LOL

I really think it would put the Supercharger on a different platform if it could be bypassed for the ride up the hill. Seen it on many screw compressors in larger industrial processes so you know it can be done technologically.

I am not against the Supercharger on any level, I simply say it how I see it. I'm not afraid to dock anything negative about any machine I own and I own all brands with equal discrimination. Brand Loyalty only punishes yourself and no different being more loyal to a Turbo over a Supercharger.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
All I was saying is my findings too. Which is with six superchargers, multiple brands if turbos over the years, and big bores and stockers to compare to. The ecu shape is not a big deal, but it definitely needs to be taken into consideration with the tuning. And if you had fuel pouring out the exhaust that seems to be a large waste of economy. I have over 900 miles on my charged sled, with a fee rides over 70 miles, an average of probably fifty. And have never ran out or put more than nine gallons in. And yes I do ride

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
All I was saying is my findings too. Which is with six superchargers, multiple brands if turbos over the years, and big bores and stockers to compare to. The ecu shape is not a big deal, but it definitely needs to be taken into consideration with the tuning. And if you had fuel pouring out the exhaust that seems to be a large waste of economy. I have over 900 miles on my charged sled, with a fee rides over 70 miles, an average of probably fifty. And have never ran out or put more than nine gallons in. And yes I do ride

Carlc, you don't read posts very clearly, so this whole debating is a waste with you. This is what I wrote "The sled I rode was a Cat, no questioning the fuel consumption. I spent enough time on a sled to know the difference, this is one thirsty unit. Was it as lean as it could be? Definitely not, but it wasn't puking fuel out the exhaust like many other sleds I seen. "

Now your commenting on how the sled I was riding WAS puking fuel out the exhaust. Slow down buddy and read the previous threads clearly before jumping all over the map on something like that. Who knows what else you took out of context?

You still haven't even commented if they were Cat sleds or Pro's with the Superchargers your comparing either?

On another note, a Turbo Pro Axis was with us AND puking fuel out the exhaust all while getting better fuel consumption. LOL. It literally looked like blood streaks up the hill and I thought someone cut their shin open on the first hill I seen it had went up. Lol. That sled and their Turbo Proclimb, T3 were sleds to be dealt with on the hill no doubt!

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
This is funny, so bigger one's, but yet the symbol on the ECU is supposed to be the big factor? LOL

Speedwerx does a reflash of the ECU, so pretty sure the symbols between the ECU and injectors is not an issue.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
They are all cats, and I find it comical that on page two of this thread you point out that you are towing your turbo m8 that is our of fuel with the supercharged proclimb. It must not have been that bad on fuel

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Yeah there's a ruptured diaphragm or something gone in my mixer. 20lbs of propane in 5kms is pretty bad.
At least I have an excuse, the Supercharger doesn't other than it's just designed to be on boost all the time and no way out of dumping fuel down the ports even when it don't need it. Might as well be a Diesel doing a DPF regen 24/7. lol

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Here is what I have.
52e4fb4b02e7dce2889ce63e775cfc97.jpg

2dbd0a20110799562dfb88ab1a94ff86.jpg

68b04edc73d7e2e7d84285df8ad6bf0d.jpg

397b4171f35525661a0147ffdeb574fb.jpg

7b4a5b98c59de0c9aff9abacd7435c58.jpg

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Thats pretty cool looking is it basically a turbo compressor side with a pulley setup where the turbine would be?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The lack of back pressure still makes me question it, the higher the boost the more is going to blow through. Someone should build am electronic sensor and exhaust valve that maintains x amount of pressure on the exhaust side over the intake.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
The lack of back pressure still makes me question it, the higher the boost the more is going to blow through. Someone should build am electronic sensor and exhaust valve that maintains x amount of pressure on the exhaust side over the intake.
That is a good idea, a sort of wastegate.

There is the main bracket that bolts where the recoil does, and also uses the rear motor mount bolt. And there are two tie rods on top, one to a bracket between the ypipe, and one to the existing hole on the front of the head. Extremely rigid and overbuilt setup.

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta

There's not much to question when you ride it, it flat out works and nothing seems quirky. I don't think it's perfect per say, always takes years and even then one machine can be better then the next depending the current conditions and variables. But the units run how they feel they were designed for.

No other machine has the wow factor in the parking lot no doubt, you can't move these machines around and not catch attention cause they are on and off the boost that quick. You can hear every bit of it just moving it around. I can't wait to try one out with a 174 underneath.

It's just weird how when you get it in the wide open space of the mountain how things change and the Turbo starts to show it's advantage.
It's like comparing a 250 4 Stroke bike to a 450. Seems like tons in the trail and who would need a 450, then you get it out in the open and the 250 just don't seem to cut it anymore. I find the same but not as drastic of a difference. You can tell the top end when you take a long hard run at a hill isn't there like a Turbo, but sure makes up for it in the tight spaces like the trees as long as you have the track and skid for it of course. It's a hard beast to tame with all that power down low. Be crazy to see on a 1000 no doubt, let alone a 1200.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007

So Polaris new HO motor with the electronically controlled exhaust valves could this be done with the ECU?? Just have the sensor go off boost pressure

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Kinda defeats the purpose of the supercharger too. The whole point of it is to have boost all the time. If that's not what you want, get a turbo.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I think the technology you guys are talking about Procharger has recently developed with this i-1 supercharger, looks like you can electronically change the gear ratios on the supercharger. Sounds sweet and would work great also with elevation changes like an EBC on a Turbo does. But like Clarc said not sure it would be worth the extra weight, complexity, and money. Would be sweet if they could get one of these to work though it would be great for our application

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr5Pv9EeOEk&list=UUsjaUCUnMhxfV3pxjB5WzTg#t=79

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amwsfUUhT1g

Last edited:
Premium Features