• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revalving X package shock - Experience/Advice

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Has anyone had their XM X shocks revalved? If so, how was it changed, what did you specify (weight, ride style, etc.), and did it help? Who did you use for revalving? Trying to figure out what may be a good improvement for backcountry riding and seems like this is one low cost option that may result in substantial ride improvement. Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
Monster Performance in NY state has a good reputation, some good reviews on here and reasonable rates for rebuilds. They will valve your shocks for your wieght and riding style. I will be sending my shocks to them once the season is over.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i got mine done because i weigh about 275 lbs. the suspension is not set up to carry my big frame around. i have had over 2000 dollars worth of aftermarket shocks on a previous sled, and it work GREAT. but now days when a guy seems to be getting a new sled every few years, it just isnt in the cards for me to spend 2 grand every time i trade sleds.

SO, i researched the forums and found quite a bit of info on dootalk.com about monster performance out in NY. i talked to him on the phone a few times, and he felt fully confident revalving and adding heavier springs to the front 3 OEM shocks.......but the rear oem shock he was a little skeptical about. he had a few choices of aftermarket shocks that fit my budget and i did end up with a zbroz shock way out back. but, i am 100% happy with my front 3 shocks after the revalve and respring. i have not road it around here in ND on rock hard snow or anything, but it eats up the bumps pretty well on the trails out west. i spend right around $800 to get the suspension completely redone, and i am just as happy as when i spend over $2000 on a full blown aftermarket setup. this is what was done.

revalve ski shocks
respring ski shocks

revalve center shock
heavier torsions springs out back
zbroz exit shock out back
<mytubeelement data="{"bundle":{"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","sound":"Sound","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_supported_on_your_browser":"No notification style supported on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_supported":"Not Supported","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for_this_site":"Click to enable for this site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"hd1080","fshd":true,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{"loadBundle":true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Thank you. We will be sending some shocks off this spring for work, especially for my wife who probably weighs less than 140 lbs with all gear and her avy pack. The setups are great if you happen to be average male size/weight.

Premium Features