• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK extended warranty worth it?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Call Michelle at Oregon Trail Sports. I got a 5 year warranty through Cornerstone from her for a lot cheaper than that.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
It would also depend on your plans for the sled. If you are going to leave it alone, an extended warranty may be useful, if you plan on messing with the motor, the warranty may turn out to be useless.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Deer Lodge Montana
No poo bash in here. I went with an extra year is all and spent the rest on accessories. They wanted to sell me an extra 4 years for $1300. I don't even typically keep a sled more than 3. Hope I don't regret it.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Speaking of junk.

Warranty is useful if it fixes a great sled that you have been happy with. S**t happens and if you don't have the skills (or desire) to improve and fix it yourself then it's nice to just drop it off and let someone else fix it and bring it back to the great sled you started with.

But,,, if you started with junk and they put the same junk back on when it breaks and 3 years later they say they improved the junk but it's still junk so you go have to go back again, then,, warranty has been a waste of your time IMO.
Instead you should have spent the money on a Team clutch and jackshaft and hyvo gears and chain, maybe some running boards and suspension relocation kits or anti stab kit or steering fix kit or venting kit or "get rid of a suitcase" kit or,,,.

IMO buying a great sled first (like the Pro you are looking into)and don't worry about it breaking. Just ride it (as it should be). But if you are the type that can't fix things yourself and tend to worry about it then a warranty can be a good investment if you keep it COMPLETELY stock.
Make sure you have a heart to heart with the dealer you pick about the warranty and what you think you are getting. Then get it in writing and read it well before you lay out the cash. Keep a copy with your will at our lawyers office lol.

In the end, starting with a great sled and keeping it running is way cheaper then starting with a junk sled built with more Chinese parts than a cupie doll. Warranty or not.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
That's ridiculous, my dealer offered a 4 year for $750 when I bought my 2012 pro.

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
You can slice any way you want to justify having a long warranty. For me it's like this.. I keep a sled for 2 years, I ride it for 1 year then my wife gets it for the second year. This way I get a new sled every year and I can sell my wife's sled with 2 years of warranty left for the next owner. Selling a used sled with a warranty usually sells pretty quick as it is comforting for the new owner to have a warranty on a used sled. With that said it is nice to just drop a sled off for warranty issues on the way home and hop on my wife's sled to ride the next day. Riding is expensive but then again everything is. I choose to take my lunch to work and a thermos of coffee instead buying it everyday. The money I save through the week evens out to what I spend on fuel on the weekends riding.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
i bought a 2 year, i kinda regret it now, because i want to do a drop in kit and slp pipe. but i wont, because i dont want to waste my extended if something does happen. so im going to put my money in suspension

Premium Features