• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Push turbo NO additional injectors question?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
To people running the original push G kit setup without the extra injectors how have you eliminated your DET problems? I have low compression turbo domes and am only running 8psi and the sled is running way fat in some areas, plus I have a turbo blanket on the hot side of the turbo, and CAI, and my hood is nicely vented but after being on full boost and running the sled for a little while I hit det, let the sled cool down and I'm good for a few more decent pulls till my det light flashes again, but I could cruise down a trail all day without hitting det once as long as I'm not on full boost the whole time. I was running straight 91. Is the key just mixing in some AV Gas or will I still run into det issues? I really don't want to have to run straight AV gas if possible but I could live with mixing in a bit.

Any other ways to get rid of the det problem?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
add some high octane...25 percent..and try it

if it works then just carry some torco..

Last edited:

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
If I'm over revving will that trip the det sensor even if I'm not hitting det? RPM went up a lot after installing the CAI and I havnt added weight since

M7-Ballz 2 the Wall

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Running straight AV on mine but at sea level most of the time. Only hit det on long pulls 15 -20 seconds or so. Trying the Boondocker E-Key timing module right now but haven't been on the snow much yet.

Turn down the boost with a manual boost controller.

What weight you running again?

Last edited:

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Running straight AV on mine but at sea level most of the time. Only hit det on long pulls 15 -20 seconds or so. Trying the Boondocker E-Key timing module right now but haven't been on the snow much yet.

Turn down the boost with a manual boost controller.

What weight you running again?

Not sure on the weight of the weights… Got them used with the kit when I bought it and just kinda through them in and added weight from there.

Also not really willing to turn down the boost, if anything the only direction it should go is up :face-icon-small-win But I'm happy with the power and I know I'm close to not hitting det but clearly not close enough.

Im curious how the E-Key works, post back if you don't mind after you ride the kit a few times.

so are you pushing the limits on your duty cycle on your injectors..?

Not sure… How do I check? But I don't think so I see no issues with the running of the kit other then the det id assume id have other issues if I was maxing them out?

Does anyone know the cost of doing the upgrade to the extra injectors?

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
If I'm over revving will that trip the det sensor even if I'm not hitting det? RPM went up a lot after installing the CAI and I havnt added weight since

Yes my 2010 will trip the det sensor if rpm hits 8450 or 8500. I also had to add weight after putting on CAI it makes much more power with the cold fresh air. You could try 6-7 psi and see if that keeps you off the rev limiter and I bet you don't need any RG. FYI My push tial was maxing out the stock injectors at about 7- 8 psi. It would pull good for the first 5 seconds then the AFR would go real lean. I hear the G turbo does create a lot of heat that's why the G kit comes standard with an extra injector now.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Yes my 2010 will trip the det sensor if rpm hits 8450 or 8500. I also had to add weight after putting on CAI it makes much more power with the cold fresh air. You could try 6-7 psi and see if that keeps you off the rev limiter and I bet you don't need any RG. FYI My push tial was maxing out the stock injectors at about 7- 8 psi. It would pull good for the first 5 seconds then the AFR would go real lean. I hear the G turbo does create a lot of heat that's why the G kit comes standard with an extra injector now.

Well I hope I was just tripping the sensor from the RPM because after the CAI on my last ride I was hitting 8400-8500 WOT, I need to throw some weight at it.

I havnt really been able to look at my AFR after holding it WOT for 5-10 seconds because of the zones Ive been riding, I just get going way to fast for those areas to take my eyes off the snow! Hopefully I'm not maxing mine out… Ill answer that tomorrow after I go riding in a real area where I can hold it WOt for awhile.

Yeah the kit definitely creates a a lot of heat, thats why I vented the Sh*t out of my hood, did the CAI, and and running turbo domes, just anything I can do to keep the heat down and stay away from det, it gets so hot I can barly touch the outside of my hood and hold my hand on it after riding the sled on boost till I hit det.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
can't you capture or see the max injector duty cycle on your controller..??..

Yeah its a PCV I know I can somehow… I know it shows duty cycle when its plugged into a computer and the sled is running but I don't know how to capture it from real life riding. Ill look into it and find out how unless someone already knows then that makes things easy

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Yeah its a PCV I know I can somehow… I know it shows duty cycle when its plugged into a computer and the sled is running but I don't know how to capture it from real life riding. Ill look into it and find out how unless someone already knows then that makes things easy

You need to have the LCD screen for the PCV to make it able to log any data.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Turn down your boost. You are creating too much heat and nothing to cool it down. That's what that third injector does is add fuel and cool the charge temp. You are just running into the limitations of the g kit turbo. It was never meant to run big boost. The only way to get around it is to update the kit with third injector.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Alright so I'm looking into the update now to see what it's going to cost.

I'll try mixing av gas first before turning down the boost and hope that's enough.

I'm thinking if I can update to the extra injector then next season I take the turbo off and start a build on another M sled but upgrade to the tial turbo and have some fun with that.

R
Sep 12, 2010
I have to agree convert to the race gas kit for the money its going to be cheeper in the long run compaired to trying this and that. I tried pump gas and it was a waist of time why cheet youre self theres no savings to pump gas youre going to waste youre season and a buch of fuel. Last year running half and half was the cheepest on fuel he sleds ever been compaired to pump gas or stock it makes every hill first try. Ive been there on a pump gas set up only about 1 in 20 works ok compaird to 100% of race gas kits if you want to have a fun year convert to a 4 injector kit, if you want to have a lame seson keep going down the path youre on.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I emailed Jeff so I'm just waiting now to see what he says, does anyone know off the top of their head what the cost will be for the upgrade? Because I have absolutely no idea if its going to be $100 - $2000

Who else deals with Push?

M7-Ballz 2 the Wall

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I'm running 80 to 82 magna-force weights from D&D, just to give you a basis...

Kevin (mmsports) hubs performance shop. And Jeff at Dakota or Push themselves, Ken is awesome to talk to if you can get ahold of him.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I tuned a few of those early G kits. You'll never be able to stop the deto unless you get the third injector. I remember it was pretty cheap, $200ish, but that is with a Dobeck box. You may have to get a new EFI box that can support a third injector and that will add more $$.

K

knuts82

Dec 12, 2007
Bismarck ND
To do it with the PCV you need the Aux. Injector module the plugs into the PCV. I bought a new charge pipe from Jeff with two extra injectors. It was like $200 for the charge pipe and $60 for the injectors if i remeber right.

One thing i found with the G kit without extra injectors it runs way better and has very good power running only 6psi anymore than that and that turbo is gonna be a problem.

Look how tiny the G kit compressor housing is compared to a garrett 2860.

And here is what happens when you run short on fuel at 8psi without the extra injectors. Never hit the det sensor running straight 100ll at 8000ft.. Way to much heat from a tiny turbine. Rode the sled another 20 miles after this happened still ran decent. Haha... And this was clearly caused by det. due to the lack of fuel and heat not low octane.

Last edited:

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Rode the sled today and didn't trip the det sensor even once and I had some decent pulls. It was a slitely higher elevation where I rode today and it was unreal. The bottom end is nothing which I hate but the sled can take me places I never even thought of. Also, maybe the sled is pulling less then 8psi. The boost gauge I have is such a pos that I can't tell if it's 5-10psi. It's how the previous owner ha it set and he said it was 8psi. It ran great today though the sled isn't running to lean at all. I'm going to give it a few more rides before I make up my mind because right now I have faith.

Premium Features