• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hair!

W

Wowmom

Feb 10, 2013
Texas
Hey Ladies, how do you keep your hair from creeping out the front/face of your baclava? Makes me crazy, after an hour I have more hair in front than in the back..... Pony tail doesn't work, bobby pins hurt after a while, cant keep a hair band on. Need suggestions other than a complete shave like my husband suggests.

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
haha

sorry i just had to post this!
Bald_Helmet-xl-500x500.jpg

M

misssledderki

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 14, 2009
Flathead Valley, MT
www.youtube.com
I've got short bangs in the front so this is a common issue. My hair style is 2 little non french braids, and I wear the tightest balaclava I can find.
I will leave mine on all day, even without a helmet and just throw my beanie on over it, so no one has to witness the mess of hair.... lol!

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
I have no bangs and my hair falls just pass my shoulders......
I will either do a pony tail or a baird. When I put my baraclava on, I will tilt my head back as I put it on, and I do the same with my helmet.

Question..... is your helmet snug on you?

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
A balaclava helps a lot, but I wear one all the time since I get cold easily. Maybe try a thin one that's snug. I make a tight ponytail and keep goggles tight to keep hair from getting into them. Still happens a little and it's really annoying though. I normally have to take off my helmet and redo it every couple hours.

I

IdahoCrystal

Sep 5, 2008
Gem State
This is actually a great question. I've fought my big mass of hair for years in summer & winter helmets but I look even goofier with short hair than I do with helmet hair.
- in the morning I'll dampen it then either spray a little hairspray or gel and blow it straight back (not slicked or crunchy, more directional) then wear my hat/beanie to breakfast. When it's time to put the balaklava on I tip my head back and roll that sucker on like bankrobber pantyhose. :cool:

Tablet / tapatalk

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
I'd live to find a headband that would work. They either move or give me a headache. Actually they all move and come off before long with a helmet rubbing on it.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Ladies.. the X had hair to her bum..and bangs..what seemed to work for her was turtle fur brand belaclavas with the thick fleece bottom and the super thin silk top.....might help...

J
Mar 6, 2013
http://www.zanheadgear.com/catalog/Family.aspx?CategoryID=140

I use these, tube head bands, they are GREAT!!! Summer winter any time I wear a helmet. They keep all the stray hairs back and then you can put the Balaclava over top of it.

These pull down over your head to your neck, pull your hair out the back like a head band then pull it up and over your hair. It keeps your hair off the back of your neck (no itching then) off your ears and forhead.

tube head band.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
My hair is over 7" long now and I'm looking ahead to how I will manage it this winter.

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Hmmm, how about cornrows Scott?

Have been braiding my mane to try and keep the knots down, side braid is my favorite since it doesn't leave a glob of hair to make a pressure point under my helmet. Still get the back knotted up from rubbing on the edge of my coat though. Goggles fit snug enough that the bangs stay up in my balaclava if I am careful about pushing them back.

Anybody having to deal with their hair rubbing on their neck? I make it about a half of a day and then have to un-tuck the balaclava so my hair is hanging free and stops making a raw spot. Then my neck gets cold and the braid gets stuck on the coat zipper ten million times. Ugh!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Steph, my wife and girls don't want to attempt to do those for me, so you'd better stop by. Lol

Eric, I'm growing my hair out to donate it, otherwise I'd be shaved.
Kept a shaved or nearly shaved head for most of my life.
http:\\www.Facebook.com\Florencehairclub

Last edited:
B
Apr 22, 2013
Hmmmm, I don't wear a baklava. I simply put my hair into pony tails. Once I put the helmet on, I tuck whatever part of my bangs into the helmet and I'm good all day.

Premium Features