• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Rider Video Contest - It's On!

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
I proposed in an earlier thread that we have an annual "Best Rider Video Contest". Here are the rules:

1. The video must be from this riding season Oct 2013 - April 30th, 2014 (No old video)

2. All Videos must be embeded in this string.

3. Judging will be on the riding, not the video quality or composition.

4. If you are only the videographer you must have permission from the rider to post the video and it will be up to you(videographer/riders) to decide how the prizes will be distributed if more than one person is involved in the video.The prizes will be disseminated to the poster. Riders make certain you trust the one posting your video!

5. This is a competition for amateur riders only.

6. You can enter as many times as you like.

7. The winner will be decided by counting the number of "thumbs up" votes each video gets. Voting closes April 30, 2014, the winner will be announced on May 1, 2014.

8. Please try and keep the videos under 10 minutes.

Any member or vendor who wants to donate to this contest please post here publicly. When the winner is announced (May 1, 2014) all prizes will be sent directly to the winner from the person making the donation, that way we all know that no one benefits from this except the winner. Neither I nor Snowest assume any responsibility for making certain that you receive the donations, that is the responsibility of the person or company making the donation!

As members pledge donations I will add them to a growing list in this original post. I will get things rolling by pledging $25 in cash.

PS, mention this contest in other sections here on SW so everyone knows about the contest.

Lets see some good riding!

Supporters and Prizes thus far: Will be updated as the list grows!

Nuggetau - $25
MomsMotorsports.com - 5 day Trip in Island park including food and lodging, plus other swag!
Yamadoo - T-shirt
HMK - Sherpa Bag

Last edited:

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
MomsMotorSports.Com would like to throw in a 5 day trip with lodging and meals to Island Park, Idaho. In addition to that we are also throwing in a Avalanche1's - Avalanche and Backcountry Skills DVD, and a 3 Seasons of Flatlanders DVD's.

The trip to Island Park, Idaho; you will pick form the dates our club will be there. Transportation is not included.

I contacted my pals at HMK and they are shipping a Sherpa Bag to donate to the cause.......Thank You HMK.

Sherpa-SMALL.jpg

Last edited:
S

snopro176

Nov 27, 2007
Yuba City,CA
GAME ON! I think 10mn max would be enough for a "best of" for the season? I feel people tend to skip ahead when its much longer than that. I could be wrong. I'm in either way!

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Ok I will put up the first video to get things started for this year. Date was Nov 29th 2013. I know the editing sucks I just threw together the clips the night I got back from this ride. Not much snow so we did some searching in the trees and found some decent climbs. It was technical hoping rocks and downed logs and such. :) LOL

Are we going to do a winner for each month like discussed in the other thread. Probably not too many entries for NOV. :)

Give me a Thumbs UP!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeNLxSWvPFc

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Well Crap I am always the one with the camera on my head so I guess I will have to get someone else to film me because I am always the one filming. :)
Hmmmmmm.......

I for one like POV video myself, so include those too! :)

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Thanks Yamadoo for breaking the ice! I am really looking forward to seeing all the good riders here on SW. :face-icon-small-ton

I think one big yearly prize will garner more participation than smaller monthly prizes.

Last edited:

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
I contacted my pals at HMK and they are shipping a Sherpa Bag to donate to the cause.......Thank You HMK.

Sherpa-SMALL.jpg

Last edited:
N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
As the general forum doesn't get as much traffic as the brand forums please mention the contest in other topics so everyone knows about the contest. Thanks

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
So I'd imagine no music to these videos if your judging just off riding skills?

Be nice to just hear sled/throttle control in all of them

personally like to see 5 min or less to but.......

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
So I'd imagine no music to these videos if your judging just off riding skills?

Be nice to just hear sled/throttle control in all of them

personally like to see 5 min or less to but.......

Personally the only music I like to hear on a sled video is the motor, but I won't make it mandatory. A poor music choice could make the difference, so that should be something people think about before editing (just because you like a song doesn't mean others will).

The reason I started this contest was so we could see some really good riding from the members on SW, so I don't mind a longer video if all the riding is good.

Backcountry Bandit

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2008
how about funniest tree line vid?? haha. lets just say I was a LITTLE pumped for my first ride of the year...LMAO. I sure as hell aint gonna win best rider!

PG vid

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
This looks like an awesome competition/thread. So I don't have to do anything besides post my video in this thread? How long will this be going on? Haven't been out much yet but this will be good motivation to get some footage.

Yes, just embed your video in this string. Now that it has finally snowed a little bit here in the west we should start to see some new riding video. I think I started this thread too early in the season when we didn't have any snow.

Premium Features