• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handle Bar Height

CanyonRat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Riverton, Utah
Ok Ladies,
A question for all you mountain riding powder dominating girls!!!! I have a good fried who is just getting into sledding and bought her first sled '06 M7 153". She is 33yrs old 5'4 1/4" and barely cracks the 110lb mark. She's an aggressive rider and isn't afraid to use the throttle, watching her and working with her it seems that it's more an issue of timing and commitment than the need for taller bars and the added leverage. What are your honest thoughts on the issue of risers? Her arms are already at a pretty good bend while standing straight up with the stock bars. Personally I'd rather see her nail her timing, and throttle control and be fully committed vs. Just assuming she automatically needs taller bars. I guess she was watching SledBeatties and some other vids over the weekend after our ride on Sat noticed lots of taller handlebar setups

Ok ladies let's hear your thoughts

T

T.O.T.

Dec 26, 2012
I agree with the Low stance. Bars at about belly button height or just below are much better for manueverability :)

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
Ok Ladies,
A question for all you mountain riding powder dominating girls!!!! I have a good fried who is just getting into sledding and bought her first sled '06 M7 153". She is 33yrs old 5'4 1/4" and barely cracks the 110lb mark. She's an aggressive rider and isn't afraid to use the throttle, watching her and working with her it seems that it's more an issue of timing and commitment than the need for taller bars and the added leverage. What are your honest thoughts on the issue of risers? Her arms are already at a pretty good bend while standing straight up with the stock bars. Personally I'd rather see her nail her timing, and throttle control and be fully committed vs. Just assuming she automatically needs taller bars. I guess she was watching SledBeatties and some other vids over the weekend after our ride on Sat noticed lots of taller handlebar setups

Ok ladies let's hear your thoughts

I'm a Bettie I'm a HUGE fan of the low bars to be able to lay it over functionally in a steep off camber situation with enough leverage to do so with control.

CanyonRat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Riverton, Utah
Thank You!!!!!

Thank You Ladies!!!! :)

My thoughts exactly!!! I think it will make a difference to have her hear it from other women riders :)

T

T.O.T.

Dec 26, 2012
Thank You Ladies!!!! :)

My thoughts exactly!!! I think it will make a difference to have her hear it from other women riders :)

Not only did I have to hear it from other ladies and pros I had to experience it for myself. My poor bf argued this with me for quite a while before I would concede that he was right.

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
Being 6ft tall and all legs I have always had a riser on my sleds. When stand on my sled the handlebar is below my waist and I lean over as I ride; I stand alot.
After being harped on about my risers I decided that this year I'll leave them as they came and give it a try. I do agree it'll give me more levelage as I sidehill and climb.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
At 5'10" with quite the wingspan riding a PRO, I took off the Pro Tapers and put on the FLY/Dan Adams bars that essentially lowered my bars an inch and some. I like it... I also narrowed them up. I like it... lol

BUT, each sled is different too. The height of stock Mseries versus the height of a stock PRO has to be different? So, it's a case by case/ personal decision of how low/high. But for someone that tiny (to me that is tiny) I would think lowering would help out.

W

Woops!

Mar 13, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
I'll chime in..at 5'0" my stock bars on my M7 were about the right height, but a little wide for me if I remember right....we put new bars & cut them to be narrower, they were a little higher which didn't help, but narrower did. My 2012 M8 has adjustable height bars that are pretty good for me at the lowest setting, maybe even an inch high......I've found with higher bars I get less leverage & have to use more upper body muscle..

Premium Features