• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vipec ECU

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Some people don't have a good dealer anywhere close. I didn't go through a dealer to buy the OVS kit I bought. I bought it direct and delt with Travis and Garr direct. No message machine, no " can't get to the the phone right now". I called, they answered and walked me through whatever questions i had. Who better to talk to then the developers of the product? Great customer service is awesome to have. Poor customer service after thousands of dollars spent is SH!ty to say the least!
Can't wait for VIpec to partner with someone who can make the turbo, ecu one helluva nice package. Customer service included!

Just buy through a dealer. That dealer doesn't have to be close. But if you do have an issue, someone will answer the phone. You won't get a better deal direct from Push, so why not just buy from a dealer? In my opinion, the dealers should be the ones handling the problems. When I have a problem with my Chevrolet, I don't try calling GM corporate to try and handle the problem. I'm not trying to argue here, just trying to save some of you a couple headaches. I have had no problem with my Push setup that my dealer couldn't handle and have been more than pleased with the performance.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Us guys at turbo performance have been using the vipec since the first. It is a awesome product.

Know we are going to be putting our 30 years combined turbo experience and vipec knowledge to use in the cat world. We will be producing a kit that will have all the good parts with a controller that is taking the industry by storm.

Last year we offered a money back guarantee on the vipec. To anyone who bought one. We had not one came back! So the proof is in the pudding if you need a vipec let us know we can set you up.

:face-icon-small-ton:gossip:

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
Us guys at turbo performance have been using the vipec since the first. It is a awesome product.

Know we are going to be putting our 30 years combined turbo experience and vipec knowledge to use in the cat world. We will be producing a kit that will have all the good parts with a controller that is taking the industry by storm.

Last year we offered a money back guarantee on the vipec. To anyone who bought one. We had not one came back! So the proof is in the pudding if you need a vipec let us know we can set you up.

:face-icon-small-ton:gossip:

Brycter, have you guys at turbo performance been able to get the vipec to properly control the det sensor for the 800 cat?

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
Based on some of the comments above, is this box only used for low boost, pump gas scenarios?

Are there guys who have experience with 14-16 psi?

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Based on some of the comments above, is this box only used for low boost, pump gas scenarios?

Are there guys who have experience with 14-16 psi?

The Ecu is 100% open so you can run as much boost as you want but the internal map sensor is a 3 bar (43 psi) so that is max what you can run with this Ecu (800cc arctic cat ECU)....! I have yet to see someone running that kinda boost on a 2 cylinder 800cc :) .

vi-pec powersports

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
I have yet to see someone running that kinda boost on a 2 cylinder 800cc :) .

vi-pec powersports

14ish is our group's normal. 15-16 when we are feeling froggy. Since you have never seen anyone run that kinda boost, what is the max you have programmed your ECU and actually ran it on the snow all day?

I am only curious and trying to fully understand where you are in your product's development.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
14ish is our group's normal. 15-16 when we are feeling froggy. Since you have never seen anyone run that kinda boost, what is the max you have programmed your ECU and actually ran it on the snow all day?

I am only curious and trying to fully understand where you are in your product's development.

I was refering to the 43 psi map sensor...not the 14-16 psi you are running. Our ECU is fully programmable up to where you max out your hardware, we have not been very high on psi on 2 strokes since all the turbo kit manufacturer are asking us to map on 91 octan fuel....on 4 stroke 1100 turbo we are mapped up to 56 psi and 48 psi on nytro motor.

vi-pec powersports

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
It doesn't take much at all to tune for those set ups.

i ran my pro last year at 225 kpa on 85 pump fuel two days straight just to see where she would hold up and dang was it fun.. started at 26 degrres advanced timming and ended at 8 on the top end.

Just give us you set ups and what you feel comfortable with we can do it for you. if is all in the fuel and timing correction tables.

have you down loaded the free firmware yet?

go to vi-pec.com and get it then call me i will be more than happy to walk you through the program. shoot tony i will even stand behind this product 100% you dont like it send it back. I know you aint getting that anywhere else. performance with no risk! it is un heard of.

I know that you are the kind of guy who will be staying up at nights playing and learning. there is so much here it will take you years to learn it. trust me i know..

just get one and dont look back you will wish you had done it sooner. :face-icon-small-coo

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
I've never looked into the Vipec product before. Interesting web site.

Are you using the 44 marine style on sleds?

Reading the stuff on the site has me full of questions.

How are you controlling the power valves?
Are you using the stock cat sensors.. Air, water, tps, power valve position, etc.
Are you using additional sensors?
Are you doing engine reverse?
I see you can only use a wide band O2 input at wot. How are you developing all the tables for all other power vs throttle vs load settings?

Looks like lots of tuning work to get started.

S
Jan 22, 2008
Southern, MN
ok everybody... Snow out west has me convinced it's time to poop or get off the pot. Finally tonight finished changing the steering post on the pig - she was a little left of center - so now it's time to get it running again (without having to bypass the attitude box). All this talk has me thinking I'm gonna ponny up and go with the Vipec....

Gonna enjoy the heck out of it I think........

Great thread!

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
ok everybody... Snow out west has me convinced it's time to poop or get off the pot. Finally tonight finished changing the steering post on the pig - she was a little left of center - so now it's time to get it running again (without having to bypass the attitude box). All this talk has me thinking I'm gonna ponny up and go with the Vipec....

Gonna enjoy the heck out of it I think........

Great thread!

Cha Ching!!!

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
I've never looked into the Vipec product before. Interesting web site.

Are you using the 44 marine style on sleds?

Reading the stuff on the site has me full of questions.

How are you controlling the power valves?
Are you using the stock cat sensors.. Air, water, tps, power valve position, etc.
Are you using additional sensors?
Are you doing engine reverse?
I see you can only use a wide band O2 input at wot. How are you developing all the tables for all other power vs throttle vs load settings?

Looks like lots of tuning work to get started.

I am truly interested in finding out how this works. Did I ask some proprietary questions? If you want to answer in a pm, I'm good with that, too.

Premium Features