• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx Supercharged M8?

J
Jan 4, 2012
I rode with the owner of speedwerx last spring and they worked very well, my Polaris pro running 10.5 psi on av and they kept very well, they were running pump gas. My buddy was testing for them all winter and said at the beginning of the season they had lots of problems but got them running well by the end, It was April when I was with them.... I found them impressive

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I rode with the owner of speedwerx last spring and they worked very well, my Polaris pro running 10.5 psi on av and they kept very well, they were running pump gas. My buddy was testing for them all winter and said at the beginning of the season they had lots of problems but got them running well by the end, It was April when I was with them.... I found them impressive

Where were you riding, and what kind of elevation spread did you see that day?
It'd be cool to see these run well. It'd also be cool to see the price go down.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I will give another opinion. I run a Push TBBT system with a Vipec box. There is no lag. When getting on and off the throttle there is no delay or bog cause there is no blowoff valve to get rid of all the boost. It is the best turbo system I have ridden and I have driven a few over the years And they have all had running issues. This setup is as close to flawless as I think you can get with a mod sled.

to this sir i say lies! according to hundreds of post's on this site all turbo's are pull and go and run perfectly every day;) how dare you spread such blasphomy on this the forum of truth...

B

brendan ross

Dec 1, 2007
pine pass area b.c. canada

where you riding in valemont last april if so I was there also and I was impressed so impressed I bought one videos and stuff will be up as soon as I get snow

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
If anybody wants to ride one late feb early march in the snowies area let me know. Thing has been ripping flawlessly for two plus years now.

Super news that this unit will be available for a variety of reviews...I sure hope a few people take ya up on your offer...

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
That's the most I have seen in a vid of one running, sounds like its running decent, power appears to be ok, not sure if that's the most boost that it can be ran at in vid or not.

If that is the most boost it can run, it would be a waste of money, with the 3'' on that machine and stock skid it should be nearly flipping over backwards.

skiwiz

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
laramie wy
my 2 cents

Well by now you have seen it , I have in person and in the snow and its way cool , take EDP up on the offer and ride it yourself in the Snowies , chances are that i will , didnt see the kit on the pro yet but hear its awesome as well and hope it will mesh with the 2015 poo , the power and quick response would be nice to see and feel on whatever Polaris has coming this next year . Hope to see more and ride more with these kits soon ! Last friday wasnt enuf ,esp the good snow is here and still comin ,callin out to the chads ,Laramie awaits your return .:p

B

brendan ross

Dec 1, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr7Cf9fh0OM

heres mine this was from my very first ride don't have any other vids I've had to add 6 grams of weight since this video and have gained almost 10mph track speed only rode about 3 other rides been good but i went to colorado for a week to ride with burandt/skinner and no new snow at home yet so i haven't been out
so far so good if you wish i will post more videos as i get them

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Seems to spool up quick an scream pretty good. What Rs were u pulling there?? Stock head? Boost an fuel at what elevation? Thanks for the vid. Ride any turbos much to compare??

B

brendan ross

Dec 1, 2007
it has an 09 head on it runs around 8psi with my pulley set up on the intercooled pump gas set up i ride 3-6000ft

as for rpm speedwerx reprograms the stock ecu so that at 8350 it retards the timing so much it cant rev any higher to hurt itself (if you do the vipec upgrade there supposed to be able to run up to 8500) so im runnning 8350 there now with heavier weights im running 8250-8300 im gonna play with some different helix angles now (36/42 right now thinking of trying a shock wave set up) ive road many turbos most of them where race gas but ive road probably 4 pg set ups this is by far stronger in the bottom end top end is hard to tell never paid any attention to it on the other sleds just af ratio.

honestly for my riding i wouldnt ride a turbo over this anyday this thing has insane throttle response and make more than enough power and track speed to get me in trouble that being said if your the guy who likes to climb up those massive chutes a turbo is probably a better option for you but if your the guy that likes to tree ride and boondock until there is a turbo kit that installs as easily as this kit and has as much throttle response ill stick with this set up i love it for what i do but if you do get the chance to ride one for sure try it there awesome that being said if your ever in the pine pass get ahold of me

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH4u9rpH6cI

this is a video of me riding a prototype last year in valemount last spring

just taking it easy not my sled haha

ps. mine is a lot quicker than this one not sure what the difference is but mine definatly has more power i think this one was only running 4psi

That's the most on and off the throttle I've ever heard!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Well by now you have seen it , I have in person and in the snow and its way cool , take EDP up on the offer and ride it yourself in the Snowies , chances are that i will , didnt see the kit on the pro yet but hear its awesome as well and hope it will mesh with the 2015 poo , the power and quick response would be nice to see and feel on whatever Polaris has coming this next year . Hope to see more and ride more with these kits soon ! Last friday wasnt enuf ,esp the good snow is here and still comin ,callin out to the chads ,Laramie awaits your return .:p

speedwerks is making a kit for the pro? The video of the cat is awesome.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Wow Price!

Kit with Vipec would be over 10K for a Proclimb plus installing it. 7500 plus head and other addons for base price with PCV. If this kit were 5K I would consider it over a turbo. I would definitely need a test drive before I even considered spending that amount on a low boost kit.

Premium Features