• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW Titanium Silencer

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
For less than $60.00 a lb. wouldn’t this be the cheapest 8 lb. reduction you could do to the pro ? A carbon fiber gas tank is 8 lbs. and costs $1,800.00.

well...if ya convinced your riding partner to carry a couple gallons of gas for you for a beer each ride then you could ride with two less gallons and have a 16 pound saving for only a buck fifty for the beer each time you go out..:D:D

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Can you show us the inside? I'd like to know if it's going to be metal baffles, packing, or a combination of both.

Titanium 375

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ephraim, Utah
www.diamond-smfg.com
they are 100% titanium

I have been riding with the silencer I would say it is the quietest aftermarket silencer I have been around I will be getting some film footage tomorrow we will run the stock silencer and the titanium silencer for a sound comparisons

there is no packing in the silencers to melt out that is the beauty of titanium it is light enough you can build chambers and not sacrifice weight

Last edited:

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I'm going to guess that it is a Titanium alloy. Much like everything on your snowmobile that is aluminum is actually an aluminum alloy.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Same price as the carbon fiber silencer but lighter, looks good scott.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I think I'll either go with the SLP stage 4, or the 858 kit. The stage 4 comes with the pipe and silencer. With the 858 kit I could use this silencer, humm what to do.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I'm liking the 'sound' of this more. If you're going to run the sled a few years, no packing is a bigger deal (I have blown out HPS cans on the doo after a couple of seaons before). No 'dyno' impact would be a closer, or at least a solid gotta-have-it.

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
You are correct, additionally the preparation and welding take three to four times as long, due to titanium is destroyed if oxygenated ( at welding temperatures all oxygen must be excluded from the hot titanium (both sides) or it is destroyed). This is primarily why titanium costs so much also. It needs to be smelted in either in vacuum or with an inert gas blanket excluding oxygen from the furnace. Great stuff though, you just need to know it's particular quirks to machine and weld it properly.

Bingo, when your right your right.

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
I will reiterate...

Sounds great, looks great, lost weight.....good enough for most people.

Any increase in power?

Any loss in power?

And especailly is it designed to not take away HP or tourqe?

Or is the weight savings the only take-away?

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Wow, that can sounds frickin GREAT!! No bs, definitely diggin it!

WFOWA

Lifetime Membership
Jun 10, 2008
SOCO
Sweet!
Do you have some dynamometer comparisons to stock?
If you are truly gaining HP, I'll be buying one asap.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
It was my understanding that he was putting one on the dyno this past weekend. If I'm right I hope that no updates isn't a bad sign.

Premium Features