• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EBC?? help needed

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Went through the exact thing on my 2010

Only my stator was smoked and it took lots of things with it, still working it all out

Have you measured your voltage yet? Mine was hitting 18+ which was shutting off the ebc, boonbox, tearing up things.

Feel free to PM me, I am sure my problems are not over although my season is

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
ebc

check the wires that go into the ebc mine had split wire jackets and was doing same thing when snow got on it. also test fuel pump had one go out once and do the same thing to the ebc pump would draw to much power just a couple things to test if that dont do it let me know have a couple other things to check after those two things

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Did your headlights work? And what about reverse? We have a sled that lost lights. front and back and also reverse. Everything else ran fine. Although this sled is stock. It was the voltage regulator. Hope the shop can pin point and fix it for you.

Dean

V

vigorcs90

Dec 2, 2007
I had the exact problem with my EBC I changed every part possible. I even re-did all the connections. It was and internal grounding problem in the EBC. Unhook the EBC take an ohm meter and touch the ground in the harness and the outside of the EBC case. If there is conductivity between the two, you found your problem. Or if the case is grounded to the handle bar just remove the EBC from the stainless mount so it is isolated from chassis ground. If it works when it is dangling by the wire harness this would show that the case has a dead short. Mine steadily got worse over a few weeks time until it would not light at all. Let me know if that is what it is. Good luck

D
Nov 26, 2007
hayden Idaho
well, after having my sled for over a month the guy that was supposed to fix my sled said to come pick it up and that he didnt' have time to look at it.. :face-icon-small-fro back to square one!! Someone put me outta my misery on this damN thing...

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
servo motor harness and tailight harness has caused some strange problems..hard to find..sometimes they are pinched under fuel tank...rubbing in the rear...etc..

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
I will do you one better.

I started off with a gen 1 EBC, assuming it was the TPS smart version.(Dont ask). After not being able to adjust it recived the correct one. The old one worked better, at least apeared to, then the new one

case in point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZTWqHiLATg

I really wish I could figure this thing out.

I have inspected every last inch of the wiring harness, I need to try the contunuity test brough up above

Last edited:
D
Nov 26, 2007
hayden Idaho
well, here i am 7 months later and the problem is still here... here's the list of things i have done since my earlier posts..... new updated wiring harness from BD, gets power from fuel pump, the old one got power from voltage reg.. checked chassis ground, found that it was twisted up.. repositioned that, and it still resets itself when under a load or i would say half to three quarter throttle.. i have been on the phone with BD several times, and though they are very nice to deal with, they haven't steered me in the right direction for a fix with this thing.. Anyone have any thoughts? thanks

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
If it were me, I'd ditch the EBC, install an external transducer and replace it with an external manual adjuster with boost gauge and watch the duty cycle. I have an EBC that works...it's fine. If it wouldn't cost me $$$, I'd get rid of it and go manual...that's what I do with the EBC anyways. They are nice, but if you want to keep the turbo optimized, you are adjusting them just the way you would a manual knob anyway. You can leave them alone, but you won't always be at top perfomance. IMO with my experience...of course.

S

Sno Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Did you ever figure out the issue? I am having the exact same problem. I have re-done every connection and even bought a new EBC. I am now considering getting rid of all the plugs and just soldering everything.

D
Nov 26, 2007
hayden Idaho
Did you ever figure out the issue? I am having the exact same problem. I have re-done every connection and even bought a new EBC. I am now considering getting rid of all the plugs and just soldering everything.
ya, i figured it out.... I bought a new DOO xm and haven't looked back on the turbo...:bounce: So to answer your question... no i never did figure it out, in fact i went broke trying to fix the damn thing, I'm probaby selling it for parts or as is...It was all over after i put a leg over the xm..:face-icon-small-coo

M

MAINJET

Feb 16, 2009
Coeur d Alene
ya, i figured it out.... I bought a new DOO xm and haven't looked back on the turbo...:bounce: So to answer your question... no i never did figure it out, in fact i went broke trying to fix the damn thing, I'm probaby selling it for parts or as is...It was all over after i put a leg over the xm..:face-icon-small-coo

You should of took it to Jay Huff... He lives in your area and is a boondocker dealer. :wave:

T
Dec 13, 2007
Truckee, CA
Similar EBC Issues

Anyone else have this problem? I'm having a similar problem and was wondering if anyone if established an actual cause.
My EBC flickers dim/bright a number of times then will show the start up screen again. All other controls/gauges show no sign of power loss other than an instance where i noticed the control box had set itself back to the home screen as well. I'm certain they are releted but why one is constant and the other is very random. Thanks,

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
Anyone else have this problem? I'm having a similar problem and was wondering if anyone if established an actual cause.
My EBC flickers dim/bright a number of times then will show the start up screen again. All other controls/gauges show no sign of power loss other than an instance where i noticed the control box had set itself back to the home screen as well. I'm certain they are releted but why one is constant and the other is very random. Thanks,

Does it just do this at idle? if so, that's fine. not quite enough voltage at idle & it resets itself. If it starts doing it at operating rpm, that's a problem.

If it is happening above engagement rpm & yours is a 2008 or older, go back to a boost tee. Electical system is a little more robust on the 2009 & newer ones from what I am told by BD. what year is yours & what extra electrics do you have wired in? afr? egt? oil pump? fan for intercooler? others? extra injectors? where does each draw power from?

Premium Features