• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to afr gauge- need #'s for twisted Extreme

S
Nov 12, 2010
Fyresdal, Norway
SWEPERFORMANCE.

I have the same problem, betwen 5000-5500 my egt is somtimes over 1350 f. my A/F shows 14-14,5.
No boost at that point, it happends when its powder or driving slowely up hill. Somebody else that have that problem?
I run at sealevel, 10 psi boost, 109 octane unleaded fuel.
Have traid to add more fuel but it gets too ritch at rpm around that specific rpm that it goes too lean on.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Heck NO!! I'm off tuesdays and Sundays-couldn't find anyone to ride with

It's a crap show, I hate working saturdays- retail sucks

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
The yellow/blue mode controls how fast the yellow mode kicks in. We
do not have that mode on our m8 sleds. To go any further you should call shain.

Talked to Shain recently about this and just run this at what he says to when you get your kit. It does not affect the machine much, I think on mine its 3 or 3.5 and just leave it alone. He also said to adjust your green so that if in a climb wide open for a long pull and you let off of the throttle and get back in it hard again that the machine does not go above afr 14.5-15 ish. If it does you need to add more fuel in the green, this should apply to any of his kits I would guess.

Last edited:
J
Sep 12, 2008
Almont, Co.
Rusty rider, the issue you are speaking of is related to the 1000, and 1200.
What hapens is, after a long pull and you get out of the throttle the engine is still spinning. with no fuel being used, there is no oil entering engine either. This sometimes causes a piston to squeak on those larger bore engines. The absolute best thing to do is, instead of totally getting out of the throttle give it little blirps as you are turning out. this will keep her lubed up.

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
Rusty rider, the issue you are speaking of is related to the 1000, and 1200.
What hapens is, after a long pull and you get out of the throttle the engine is still spinning. with no fuel being used, there is no oil entering engine either. This sometimes causes a piston to squeak on those larger bore engines. The absolute best thing to do is, instead of totally getting out of the throttle give it little blirps as you are turning out. this will keep her lubed up.

You guys don't have to tune your 8's like this?

J
Sep 12, 2008
Almont, Co.
No sir, The 1k, and 12 are a more finiky on fueling. I have a buddy going thru the paces on a 12. 3 sets of pistons, and a new crank. 2 squeakers were absolutely related to the instant off throttle after a big pull. No more
squeakers after shain told him to blip throttle. By the way this is not a twisted turbo. shain is just trying to help him out. The 8 is such an easy sled to tune. It pretty much will take anything you can throw at it, except the
lean mid range on trail.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Sorry guys busy with work.

here's the results
green 1.5
yellow 1.5
red .5
blue-green 4.5-5.0
red-/green whatever 7.5
9lbs of boost straight 100ll, was smoking like a diesel pickup when I let off the gas problem was I filled my turbo oil reservoir too full, i came off a boonie and jared Sessions told me to stick my finger in the oil reservoir and fill it until you can feel it, not the case On Twisted , I had about 6-8 ounces too much, thanks everybody for the help. John Almont u rock Bro, thank you!!!!!

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I got a chance to ride the Twisted again today

sled ran flawlessly, very, very happy, only adjustments i made was to bump the green up a little to compensate for a lean low end condition heading up the trail, bumped from 1.5 to 2.5, then back down, enrichen at lower altitude.

Last edited:
Premium Features