• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 Camo Extreme 2.5 x 162 on my 07 M8. Track doesn't have the small lugs(only large)

F
Nov 30, 2009
Waverly Iowa
Just noticed on my newly purchased used 07 sled that the track doesn't have the small lugs on the outside edge. It has the large lugs that the 05 and 06 use. The lugs along with the metal clips have been ground down to give clearance for the diamond drive. The are some pretty deep grooves worn in the DD from the metal clips not being quite short enough.
I noticed on the camo website that it said new for 2010-11 it carried the small lugs for the M series.

Has anyone had success doing this with the old style camo extreme 2.5's? Or was this the only M before 2010 rolling around like this. I'd like to grind a little more off the tooth of the clip, but don't want the track to slip off going around a corner:face-icon-small-sho

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
I ground mine right down and have no issues going around corners. The track will still stay on if you leave the clips and inside lugs on the other side.

F
Nov 30, 2009
Waverly Iowa
You guys don't mean to grind them all the way down do you?

Just grind down to about the heighth of the 07 and up lug heighth. Right?

What about the other side? Should a person grind that side too? Help with keeping it balanced?

Premium Features