• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Pre-Season Weigh-in

kraftymike

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
I posted this in the general section too, but I thought some the results might interest the cat guys that don't make it to the other sections.

A bunch of us got together and had a pre-season weigh-in. A lot of the results surprised us. All sleds were ride ready (full of fuel, oils and coolant).

The Group
DSCF0718.jpg

2012 Polaris 155"600, electric start/stock
DSCF0687.jpg

DSCF0689.jpg

2011 Polaris 155" 800 rmk stock
DSCF0695.jpg

DSCF0696.jpg

2009 Polaris 155" 700 rmk, can, f-bomb track mod, w.e. piggybacks
DSCF0702.jpg

DSCF0703.jpg

2009 Ski-Doo 154" xp 800 e start/stock
DSCF0698.jpg

DSCF0701.jpg

2006 Arctic Cat 153 m-7 can, venting, skid plate
DSCF0691.jpg

DSCF0694.jpg

2010 Arctic Cat 162 m-8 boondock turbo
DSCF0707.jpg

DSCF0710.jpg

2008 162" nytro mcx turbo, timbersled front and rear, lightweight seat
DSCF0715.jpg

DSCF0716.jpg

And the winner...

2008 Polaris 120
DSCF0685.jpg

DSCF0686.jpg

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Goes to show the pro feels lighter than it is, I'll take the pink one with the '10 TM8 in it.
Umm its not a pro just a standard rmk which are heavier....notice no pro tapers, no light drive shaft, different rear skid ...what else?cant remember what the weight diff was but they are quite a bit heavier..the 12 600 surprised me but not sure it has all the light weight parts on it either, plus it has e start....the 10 cat is impressive, but I wonder what has been changed on it from stock?

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Best post concerning weight that I've seen so far...same scale etc. all variables constant everything full of fuel ready to ride! That's about as accurate as you can get! It may not be certified actual weight but that doesn't matter, it's a straight up comparison!

Thanks for posting this.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Umm its not a pro just a standard rmk which are heavier....notice no pro tapers, no light drive shaft, different rear skid ...what else?cant remember what the weight diff was but they are quite a bit heavier..the 12 600 surprised me but not sure it has all the light weight parts on it either, plus it has e start....the 10 cat is impressive, but I wonder what has been changed on it from stock?

A boondocker turbo :)

Looks like the M8 is not the snopro model as well. The difference between the pro-rmk and the standard rmk in 155" lengths as listed on the Polaris website is 9lbs.

As for the 600 rmk looks like they didn't top it's oil off they just put the gallon jug on the running boards. (can't verify this) Also like you stated it has the electric start.

Crazy that the XP stock with electric start is still the lightest.

Very cool to see a direct comparison!

Last edited:

kraftymike

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
A boondocker turbo :)

Looks like the M8 is not the snopro model as well. The difference between the pro-rmk and the standard rmk in 155" lengths as listed on the Polaris website is 9lbs.

As for the 600 rmk looks like they didn't top it's oil off they just put the gallon jug on the running boards. (can't verify this) Also like you stated it has the electric start.

Crazy that the XP stock with electric start is still the lightest.

Very cool to see a direct comparison!

Yes, the M8 has a BD RG setup with intercooler, and is a standard model with basically no weight reductions besides a gutted hood and side panels. I was quite surprised by this. I love my M but I will be the first to admit that when I jump on a PRO it feels 50 pounds lighter. Lot to be said for weight distribution and transfer.

600 RMK oil was in the jug still. The owner was not present so we just spotted him a gallon of oil in this manner.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Yes, the M8 has a BD RG setup with intercooler, and is a standard model with basically no weight reductions besides a gutted hood and side panels. I was quite surprised by this. I love my M but I will be the first to admit that when I jump on a PRO it feels 50 pounds lighter. Lot to be said for weight distribution and transfer.

600 RMK oil was in the jug still. The owner was not present so we just spotted him a gallon of oil in this manner.

Just goes to show you that all this whining about the proclimbs weight is pointless.

65pony123

Oct 1, 2010
06 weight

the 06 picture is the only one that wouldnt show up for me what is the weight on that one?

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
At some point it would be nice to see all the brands of NEW STOCK sleds, weighed by an UNBIASED person/business, COMPLETELY FULL of all fluids and fuel, no skis touching the floor, no oil jug on the running boards, no light weight mods etc., etc... Just out of the crate, install all of the parts that dont come pre-assembled, fill 'er up FULL with all fluids and gas...and weigh it.

That really is the only true way to tell what each one weighs. I think dry weights are a crock of crap...to be honest. After all, we all DO ride with a full tank of gas and all fluids...right? :)

Cheers!

S

Sofa King

Nov 26, 2007
Revy
I have the scale just need to see everybody's new sled the hang.
I like picture with scale and sled in same picture.

compound 1300

Premium Member
Mar 15, 2010
zortman montana
The real question is how much beer was consumed during weigh in's? HA!!!
A nice look at the weight of ready to ride sled's who cares if they are not the lightest version of any one paticular sled,just a look at a normal group of rides! if you get so worked up over a few pounds and dont have the ability to ride around it maybe you should go to the gym lose a few their and quit riding your keyboard so much, just saying.

Premium Features