• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx Supercharger

spag900

Premium Member
Dec 15, 2007
I was seriously looking at it, then they just about doubled the price and now I think Ièll just get a good PG turbo instead for cheaper!!!!

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
X2 on the pricing.

No EGT gauges or clutching is included and if you own a 2010 or newer 800 you have to buy a 09 head.

It's to bad...I've been looking for a "low noise" alternative to a turbo.

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
when it was on their site last winter as a prototype it was listed for 5k and now its 6k! WTF!! They should try starting them out in the 4's so people actually buy! Know one has a good video of these machines in action, I just ordered a twisted kit if that says anything!

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
The big turnoff is Speedwerx,

They wont even stand behind a cracked can, I cant imagine this........

That has been my experience with them. I had a Y pipe and a Can that cracked the second season with 400 miles on the set and Jeremy@Speedwerx told me they would give me a 20% discount on a new set. Lame!

I won't buy anything Speedwerx because of that one! Especially a 6k supercharger! Lol!!!

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
I watched the video on their website against the Ported M8 and the supercharger didn't beat the ported sled by that much. $6000+++ for 5 PSI?........Yeah, no.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
That has been my experience with them. I had a Y pipe and a Can that cracked the second season with 400 miles on the set and Jeremy@Speedwerx told me they would give me a 20% discount on a new set. Lame!

I won't buy anything Speedwerx because of that one! Especially a 6k supercharger! Lol!!!

I always thought they were inovators.........

My can didnt make it a season and it was smoked

I just refuse to deal with a company who doesnt stand behind thier stuff.

20%, hell your lucky, he gave me the middle finger and that was dealing with through one of his best dealers...........

never again

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Funny, I was so excited to get one of these from Empire, then all the sudden it's a "speedwerx" product... and the price went WAY up from what they claimed it was going to.

Between the price & the fact that SW RAPES people on replacement parts, and doesn't stand behind their stuff... for something as complex as a turbo/ super, there's no way I'd get one. Had EDP brought it to market himself instead of letting Jeremy jack the price & get a piece of the pie... I'd have been all over having one on my machine! We all make mistakes, but this was a huge one imo.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Their reply to me about a cracked can was "yeah, those all cracked so we changed the design....wanna buy a new one"!

man... AWESOME way to do business.

Or, the pipes that cracked, where, if you wanted to have a warranty YOU had to buy the extra band they came up with, otherwise they wouldn't cover it. That was a splendid example of customer service.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
The big turnoff is Speedwerx,

They wont even stand behind a cracked can, I cant imagine this........

Funny you mention this. I cracked one M8 can this past season, and two M1000 cans, both tunnel dump cans. 2 cracked at the support welds, and one cracked where the tubing enters the can. On the last one they were trying to call me out like it was my fault. Said they has never seen a cracked M1000 can yet, much less two from the same person (I call BS). Asked questions from motor mounts to the damn diamond drive trying to get me to say something to void any warranty. Nothing was wrong with my sled or install. Wasn't happy with that conversation.

Last edited:
B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
Wow! All negative. Of course we all have stories like these. I have a couple of RKT heads that are now paperweights because I can't get replacement domes & I've had to weld on just about every pipe I've ever had, stock & aftermarket. Regarding Speedwerx, how is the overall quality of their products? Is their stuff usually as advertised, tested & ready to go? I really think I need one of these superchargers but I don't want to be the guinea pig.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I think i once figured out if you bought everything you would need and had to pay for install you were looking at 8500:faint:

Premium Features