• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Push turbo upgrades questions, turbo oil pressure

S
Dec 11, 2007
Luleå, Sweden
I ride a 2008 M8 with the push pumpgas kit from last year.

I can see that for this years PG kit, push uses a watercooled oiltank and a new oilpump. does anybody know why Ken made this changes?
Sometimes the oilpressure drops when the oiltemp goes up. Is this the reason for the new oilcooler and pump?

Does anybody know how low oilpressure the turbo can take without bearing failure? I mean, twisted uses the stock oilpump, how mutch pressure can that put out? Not mutch I think?

I have the Garrett 2871.

Thanks

Daniel Pettersson, Sweden

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Your oil pressure will naturally drop as the oil heats up to running temperature. As the oil gets warmer its viscosity will drop which in turn requires less pressure to move the oil.

The only benefit with the water "cooled" oil tank I can see would be bringing the oil up to temperature faster. More of a water warmed and regulated oil tank. I don't see any benefit using it to cool the oil just bring it up to temp. Someone will probably have a different look on the subject.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Oil Pump

The main reason for the new oil pump is the new turbo kit needed more oil pressure and its a better pump so that is the Why. The BD oil pump supplies mainly only 3lb the main thing about a ball bearing turbo is that it get oil.

Premium Features