• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Fusion with blown motor. Buy as project sled?

B
I have a chance to pick up an 05 900 Fusion with a blown motor (broken crank) for around $1000.00. The rest of the sled is solid.
I'm thinking of buying it and:
Finding a used 700 Fuse motor and installing it. I already have a 700 Fuse and the 700 does not have many of the issues the 900's have once you install SLP torque and push arms.
OR
Find a used 06 Fuse 900 install it with the SLP torque/push arms and hope for the best.
OR
Pull the motor and send it out to a good engine builder and have it built with the proper mods, install the SLP torque and push arms so I can ride without worrying about a meltdown, but first I would have to find a good shop to do the work.
What do you guys think? Can you point me to a shop who does quality work on the 900 Fuse motor?

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Send the motor to indydan on the forum! I dont think the 06 900 fits in the 05 chassis. could be wrong. good luck!

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I bought one a month ago for $1200.
However it's a blue 166 with $2500 in aftermarket parts on it and in almost perfect condition. I saw 0 risk in buying it as worst case I part it out.

I had it running briefly, and then the stator went. Hopefully by this afternoon I'll be up and running again.

Rebuilding the motor is a snap, however the install gets a little trying when you have to deal with all the wires/tight space. Utilize this forum, as these guys know the 900 motor and in my case have answered all my questions within minutes of me posting.

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
For a $1000 why not. Could be fun to tinker with for sure. Have fun!

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Heck, the suspension and track are worth it alone. Get the 900 fixed, reinstall, vent the body panels, install the proper clutching that should have come in the first place and enjoy it.

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
polaris has an updated crank for the 900. comes complete with bearings seals, clutch, bolt and a belt for about $1100. Its supposed to be heavier/stonger than the stock one.

Premium Features