• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to buy metal snaps like the boss seat hold down ones?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I am looking at doing some stuff to my sled, and was curious if anyone had a link or source to where I could pick up some of the metal snaps like boss uses to hold down there seats. I would be using them to hold on some little cover panels around a custom seat, that way it would be a solid peice, but could be popped on and off as needed for acces.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I get mine from a local hardware store, home depot has them as well.

They sell them in complete kits with both sides of the snaps with the button head install tool, or just the refill kits.

And with the buttons that have screws already in em, or just with a hole so you could rivet them in or use your own screws.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
the tiny rivet used on BOSS seat tunnel button is junk, i like to drill that bad boy out to a 1/8" rivet, then you will need to trim the rivet head a bit to stuff it inside the tunnel side button, now its much strong and wont snap off nearly as much, but it still snaps off if you ride like total badace:face-icon-small-hap

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well. again, good to know..

I doubt I ride quite like the 50,000 stuck badace you are hatchers... but I can sure break stuff.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I have found that the small sheetmetal screws seem to hold up better than the rivets! Plus they sit deeper in the snap itself unlike most rivets.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
hmm.. good thought.. and yeah, getting something with a head that sits lower would work out nicely, less fussy about popping off then hopefully.

Premium Features