• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS 14LB TURBO NO RACE GAS NEEDED!!!!!!!!!

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Tell me more info on what the Nytro is running? Is that a propane kit?
What size is the turbo? 2860 2871?
I am not trying to bash I want to know whats in there for my own knowledge and comparison.
Nice kit. What kind of price for the kit?
thx
dc

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
looks like impco parts with billet caps and such. very similar to the parts I saw on brads propane apex power iqr... possibly different, who knows.. just seems like a good idea to use it.. very easy to come by parts for them. who knows.. I want to see some close up of the setup.

what are yall doing with the factory injection system.. are you just running like a carbed race sled style ignition?? if you dont have injectors and such now the electronics must be freakin the hell out!! stator also now has to power almost nothing as you got no fuel pump, injectors, sensors etc... just curious, I have no interest in a kit. im no M8 guy, just throwing ideas out there as its real interesting tech.

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
The nytro is at full throttle i was riding the thing and did not want to get out run. We are discussing a in-tunnel two burner stove for cooking (HA HA) The turbo kit is not as much as the 4-stroke kit at all.

D

doornenbal

Dec 3, 2007
Please let me know about the M1000 if you decide as well as how much for the 8's

R
Aug 30, 2008
The nytro is at full throttle i was riding the thing and did not want to get out run. We are discussing a in-tunnel two burner stove for cooking (HA HA) The turbo kit is not as much as the 4-stroke kit at all.

Sweet...what will be the asking price for the complete system, for a 1200 that is?

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Know of a lot of guys that would convert their 1000 and 1200 turbos to propane if you made a kit. Race gas here in Canada is very expensive and hard to get at times.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Do you have a Pro-RMK on order?

When do you think you will be test fitting the kit to the sled?

I imagine that you do away completly with the ECU and run a stand alone ignition controller?

C

chris79

Mar 3, 2008
Foremost, Alberta
What are the details on the nytro....whos kit ect? If that sled is running 19lbs there is something wrong with it IMO...to me it looks the a 10lb boost run.

Is it a propane kit on it?

I would be willing to race any m8 at 14 psi with a apex at 20 psi(and I know a nytro that would be too) on hard pack snow or maybe... we could even find some deeper snow like how it is in the mountains and race on that too:face-icon-small-hap I rode a ovs m8 race for a year it was a awsome sled with really good power, rode a propane apex this year at 20psi, there is no comaparison between the two. The four strokes pull so hard. I can't speak to the m1000 or m1200 never have owned either,not trying to be a dick, but your not going to roll out with a m8 and start waxing 4 strokes. (right thistle) :face-icon-small-win

R

rjm350

Mar 25, 2008
Lethbridge/Foremost
Gotta love the Propane

For all you with 2 strokes looking at doing the conversion, or just getting the Propane kit, I think you are going to like propane as a fuel (it is cheaper to run then a stock sled). I've had the simmons kit on my Nytro now for 2 years, and it is awesome!!!
Let’s see this Propane M8 race a race gas M8. In my opinion, you can't compare M8's to high boosting Yamaha's. There are way too many people that are going to say the nytro isn't running properly, and rightfully so. Simple math suggests the Yamaha will have a fair bit more PTO HP and torque.
Also how did this sled run in the shoot out? That’s where it’s racing others that want to win.
Regardless of how fast it is, I think it's a great idea, and if it is as reliable and easy to tune and ride as the Nytro, there are going to be a lot of happy customers. Only problem is, is its still a 2-stroke...haha...I had to get a jab in
:face-icon-small-hap

M

meakin46

Oct 20, 2008
looks like a sweet setup but it seems like it would be quite difficult to pack extra fuel, and next to impossible to get any on the side of the trail, it would have to be much better on fuel than a gas sled for me to buy one

Premium Features