• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I want to blow off work and ride today. Anybody riding WP area today?

G
Jan 29, 2009
Glenwood Springs, CO
What know one wants to ride WP area

I cannot believe no one wants to ride. With all this new snow I think people are getting scared to get stuck!! hehe

Looks like my schedule is open all week, so lets get it before the weekend warrios do.

S

SledsWest

Sep 4, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
www.quadswest.com
Giver-
what is you level of riding skill? Do you have avy gear and know how to use it? Do you have avy training? What kind of sled do you ride?

These are all questions that I think should be answered before anybody would ride with someone they don't know. I've ridden with too many people in the WP area that don't have any avy gear or training, suck at riding, and have a 1" lugged track so we all spend forever digging them out every 5 minutes instead of riding.

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Giver-
what is you level of riding skill? Do you have avy gear and know how to use it? Do you have avy training? What kind of sled do you ride?

These are all questions that I think should be answered before anybody would ride with someone they don't know. I've ridden with too many people in the WP area that don't have any avy gear or training, suck at riding, and have a 1" lugged track so we all spend forever digging them out every 5 minutes instead of riding.

Harsh, most of the guys I ride with from Grand County are pretty well equipped are usually the ones helping out the stuck riders. Are you sure thats not front rangers riding in the WP area??

S

SledsWest

Sep 4, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
www.quadswest.com
It don't matta where they're from. If you aint gots the gear and the training and a decent sled, its not gonna be a very good experience.

Didn't mean it to be harsh, just as an FYI so he could get more peeps to volunteer to go riding.

G
Jan 29, 2009
Glenwood Springs, CO
Good questions. I ride with allot of people. You never know what kind of ride its going to be. Then again at least I'm out in the mountains.

If you are looking to go into the steep hills no problem. I have all the equipment and the knowledge to keep everyone safe. Meaning I have the avy gear/knowledge plus the sled. Although I'm not one for high marking. I prefer boondocking and jumping. Specially this year since snow has not been to stable. I have lived in the mountains my whole life and am good at knowing where I am at and where I'm going.

I have two sleds, both SKI DOO XP 2008, 800 summit x & 600rs. An i ride allot. I get around 4k miles a year. I can ride almost everyday of the week.

D

densnwbdr

Dec 30, 2007
Aurora, CO
Willie, We rode Corona on Tuesday. I was going to call you but was riding with the wife and lost the card you gave me earlier in the season. I got you number again and will call you next time I am up there.

Paul

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
Willy, good riding with you again yesterday! I had a blast with all you guys, riding Epworth and corona Lake is always an adventure, So is getting there! :face-icon-small-ton

K

kingofthemountain

Dec 21, 2008
Golden, Colorado
Hey I was up at corona on saturday as well, snow was a million times better than just a few weeks ago. I saw a group of like 8 guys up there, would that by chance be you guys? I was on either an orange M7 or an old red mountain max depending on when you saw me. I also had the gf on back most of the time lol. I would like to meet a few people I could ride with sometime (without the gf of course). My dad has a hard time these days with a bad back...

K

kingofthemountain

Dec 21, 2008
Golden, Colorado
Yeah that cornice was sweet. Actually I think you probably saw my dad sitting there. I had to go get some more oil for the M7, I melted the tank lol. Haha at least I got the highmark :) Anyways, Ill watch for another one of these threads and if its alright with you guys, I might tag along

Premium Features