• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'02 Vertical Edge 800, Nice & Clean, Runs Great, Montana, First $2500

M
Apr 3, 2009
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First $2500 and it's yours. You wont be dissapointed. Runs like a top.

snowmobile053.jpg

snowmobile027.jpg

2002 RMK Vertical Edge with factory option 156" track. I purchased this sled this year from the original owner back in August. My biggest concern was mileage. With no gauges it is hard to tell the mileage. The condition of the sled tells me that this sled has not been used much. The owner stated that the sled was used approx. 3-4 times per year and was used as a back up sled for friends and family. The other 2002 Polaris that the owner owns the OD shows right at 2000 miles. He thought it would have under 2,000 miles and it shows. Miles don't mean much anyways. Those sleds had more use than this one. This sled was purchased from an older couple. Most guys on sleds pull the OD wire to keep the miles down. Again, this sled does not show much use. You can have 1,000 miles on a sled it can be like worn out like an old horse from racing. I can assure you that this sled was no raced. Only pure Polaris parts ever used and maintained by Polaris only. Here is what I know about this 2002 RMK. I am selling it due to an unexpected sched. change and will have no time to ride it. I have more in it than my asking price. Again please read the entire listing before asking questions.

800cc 2-Stroke
156" Factory Option Sled in great shape.
Runs Perfect with no issues.
Clean. This sled has been very well taken care of with only Polaris parts.
Skis are in great shape. Skags look good.
Does have a small crack in the belly pan. Does not affect anything.
Has a "Kick-***" manufactured mesh hood. Takes approx. 13 lbs. off the sled. This was installed in 2002 and the original hood is long gone. This hood is very rare. Only 40 ever made. This hood is better than any mesh hood out there.
No gauges, has not had them since 2002.
Idles perfect
Jetted in 2002
Tunnel is strait
Seat is in perfect shape. Looks new but is original with no cuts or tears.
Snowmobile was stored inside its whole life
All stock except for aftermarket Can and handlebar risers.
New Goldfinger throttle installed.
Windshield has no cracks.
Hand warmers and thumb warmers are in great working order.
Keyed ignition with 2 settings depending on the type of octane your running.
Rebuilt rear adjustable shock with no miles.
I Replaced water/oil pump belt for regular maintenance.
I Replaced Y-pipe gaskets for regular maintenance.
I cleaned RAV valves and replaced gaskets for regular maintenance.
I sent the primary clutch to SLP to be cleaned, inspected, balanced, spring and bushings replaced. No miles since that.
Gas can rack area or bag rack area behind seat with straps.
No reverse or electric start.
Very responsive throttle. It's like having fuel injection.
Rear brake light works great.
Big Bearing kit installed in 2008
Bumper in perfect shape.
Sled needs nothing. Ready to ride today.
New Gear case fluid for regular maintenance.

This sled is ready to go. Get on it and ride, ride, ride. I beleive this to be a low mileage sled. The mountain bar hardly shows no wear. As you may or may not know, the mountain bars over time tend to sag left or right or down due to normal wear. Not this one; it is original.

27 Images can be found here:
http://s699.photobucket.com/albums/vv357/mtcaves/2002%20Polaris/

Last edited:
Premium Features