• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any one buy a push turbo yet

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
I don't know what a/r he uses, but the tial is a t3 flanged and offers a .63 a/r and .82 a/r which is different then the t2 flanged turbine housings most people are used to with sleds. I would assume he uses the .63. A .63 t3 is larger then a .86 t2 flanged turbine housing.

zeb,
TIAL has 3 different A/R for the 3071 housing .63 .82 1.06 that is in the V band clamp housing which is what Ken is using i just am not sure what A/R he is using on hte setup.

Bell

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Rainier Washington
It doesn't sound like anywhere in this post someone can tell me that from experiences that they have rode a push, or tuned a push. Some really great ideas may have been put together on the push. But who's going to buy one until its been tested? I rode my twisted sled all year, My only Problem was a fuel pump failed, i got a new one and went right back out and rode. I can tell you the simpler its put together by the sled builder the easier it is to fix as a rider not all guys out there ridding these sleds understand all the stuff that goes into building a 300 hp sled and when you drop into a nasty hole i can trust that my sled will get me out

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
zeb,
TIAL has 3 different A/R for the 3071 housing .63 .82 1.06 that is in the V band clamp housing which is what Ken is using i just am not sure what A/R he is using on hte setup.

Ya, I know about the 1.06, I just left it out because I don't see anyone using it on snowmobile applications unless they want some insane lag:):beer;

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
I seen a push turbo early last year at fairview Im pretty sure it didnt get pushed to the trailer It seemed to run fine.
I have used the external waste gate on the 1000 and compaired to the non wastegate I found that the external was alot harder to tune on the bottom and did not respond as well and is alot more work to build. On the other hand on the four stroke it has helped with tuneing. I know that Brad Story ran a external on his sled last year and that worked well,but I dont know if it worked well enough to justify the cost and time in the build I guess well see if he does an external agin this year or not. We still have ours and will see if we can get any more performance out of it compaired to the internal wastegate.
I anyone wants one I have a brand new tial external waste gate for sale.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
no my target market is people that want great running sleds. So far it is about 80% people that have had bd kits and were no happy. Just because my customers like to talk smack dont turn this into to a pissing match, I believe that this site was designed around smack talk. Smack talk and directly bashing another company are 2 diffrent things.
Brandon is a great guy he is not an azz like he came across he was just wanting to know if anyone seen a push turbo on the mountain and gave a little jab on there name (witch they had comming) I have been Quiet on here for a while just reading and watching. There has been alot of crap thrown my way while I did nothing to deserve it well this is how I have been fighting back I have been busy building and selling fixs for the bd turbo kits, like a 2.5 charge tube with a blow off valve, Witch adds power at lower boost and longgevity to the turbo life. Anyone that has had a problem or question I have helped at any time. I have been quiet watching this fall at all the new builds this year and from what I have seen push has tryed the most new things the problem is he has not had them on the snow enough.
weather it all works better or worse time will tell at least he is inovating.
Bd on the other hand went to small charge tube like all the old areo kits witch causes the turbo to spin a lot faster at the same boost. witch means your turbo is working harder than it needs to. Taking the bov off only gives you better throttle at a dead stop and worse when you are going off and on boost. It pains me to see these kind of (new kits) as this is how the areo was set up years ago. I do how ever like to see new diffrent things like what Push is offering and not something like we had in the 80s and 90s.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
"I have been quiet watching this fall at all the new builds this year and from what I have seen push has tryed the most new things the problem is he has not had them on the snow enough."

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160642

Before this season how often was Twisted's new Polaris setup on the snow?

Also you seem to let your sleds do the talking and that's the way it should be. After all this is the fn internet. Too bad some of your customers don't to the same. I think they hurt your rep.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
"I have been quiet watching this fall at all the new builds this year and from what I have seen push has tryed the most new things the problem is he has not had them on the snow enough."

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160642

Before this season how often was Twisted's new Polaris setup on the snow?

Also you seem to let your sleds do the talking and that's the way it should be. After all this is the fn internet. Too bad some of your customers don't to the same. I think they hurt your rep.

I have had a polaris on the snow for 3 years of testing and wasnt convienced that it was good to go tell now thats why I didnt release it.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
I just saw the post of you testing in the flooded field and hoped you had some more time than that before you released a kit. The thread made it sound like this kit with its turbo location had not hit the snow. With some early turbo kit manufacturers I got the feeling the customer was the R&D department.

Sorry to side track. Back to Push Turbos.

V

vinnie

Nov 26, 2007
Mitchell,SD
My intention isn't to sound like an *** but the topic is "Any one buy a push yet". So far its pretty clear that no one has or no one is proud to say they have. I'm not cocky i just know my sled runs and if it doesn't i can trust Stanger will get me fixed up and make things Right. How about the eight guys that B#tched about what i had to say buck up and buy one

I'm not one of the 8 guys BUT I did buy a Push Turbo from Dakota Performance! Should be done this week. Jeff was testing the Push Turbo in Cooke City & now a dealer soooo if Jeff's happy with Push-I'm sure I will be to!!

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
Push Turbo

Called and left Ken message, hope to hear back. I see he has a 303 area code, hope this means he is in colorado, that would be great. Does anyone know how he lubes the turbo? Does anyone have expierence with exhaust in stock location.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
Called and left Ken message, hope to hear back. I see he has a 303 area code, hope this means he is in colorado, that would be great. Does anyone know how he lubes the turbo? Does anyone have expierence with exhaust in stock location.

he has a oil pump and oil cooler. and as far as the exhaust goes, thats how Cutler does all his turbo kits. and I'm yet to hear anyone complain about their Cutler kits bogging in deep snow.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Beter yet Im going riding in a couple hours come through a leg over the polaris and youll understand.

What up PT? Where you riding today? Anxious to see the Poo run!

BTW, I was there the day Push was running down at Fairview as well. His stuff was running great; Shain's stuff was running great; and SPS's stuff was running great; and finally Cutler's stuff was running great! Different sleds with different setups and all were performing well. You had everything from lightweight 700 Turbos all the way big HP 1200 T's (one AC 1200 T and one Skidoo 1200 T) out there. The coolest thing to me was to see Push, Twisted, SPS, Attitude Industries, and customers all together trying to help one another out to make thier respective sleds run better thus making the industry better for everyone.:D

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Push

We just installed firs the kit and working on our second which is going on my sled.I like his kit and will see how it works. I am going to build three sled this year with different kits on them to see who,s I like best or if my feelings are right that a kit is a kit and the only difference is customer care.

I hope that I did not make any one mad I went and cleaned up some of the none related banter name calling on this thread so as that we might get back to the subject.

Thanks Kevin

H
Nov 26, 2007
Preston, Id.
push

I really like the way the push kit is put together, I think in the coming years the external waste gate will become the norm.

If I was building a 2 smoke this year it would have a push kit on it.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Anyone worried about the oil cooler being mounted to the bottom of the belly pan? Seems at least a little vulnerable to a rock punching a hole in it or ripping it off. Is an oil cooler really needed? I can't believe that some of the other kits wouldn't have one if it was at all necessary.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
What up PT? Where you riding today? Anxious to see the Poo run!

BTW, I was there the day Push was running down at Fairview as well. His stuff was running great; Shain's stuff was running great; and SPS's stuff was running great; and finally Cutler's stuff was running great! Different sleds with different setups and all were performing well. You had everything from lightweight 700 Turbos all the way big HP 1200 T's (one AC 1200 T and one Skidoo 1200 T) out there. The coolest thing to me was to see Push, Twisted, SPS, Attitude Industries, and customers all together trying to help one another out to make thier respective sleds run better thus making the industry better for everyone.:D

This is the kind of post that brings proactive feedback.

Kudos

Sam

Premium Features