• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtntk mapping on Silber pro is an improvement

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Ive been battling the bog and stutters associated with my 2014 pro rmk since the Silber Turbo ecu reflash kit first came out. After the first year silber came out with an update which is decent. Works great on the trail but to often stutters and cuts out in the steep and deep or heavy snow of the BC mountains when in and out of the throttle. I finally decided to try mtntk tune on it and had my first day ever with no bogs or stutters. It was the best day ever!! I haven't done any long pulls yet. But also had no more lean popping on the trail on the way down the mountain when in and out of the throttle.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Rode in some deep and steep snow today 4000-5500ft. The tune worked awesome upto 8 psi. As I turned boost up to 10psi then 12 I lost rpm progressively and it sounded rich. Maybe I didn't have enough octane. No lights come on. I'll try more octane next week. I was 40% 94 and 60%c111. C111 is the same barrel as c110 which is sold in the US. just a different sticker according not to VP.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Rode in some deep and steep snow today 4000-5500ft. The tune worked awesome upto 8 psi. As I turned boost up to 10psi then 12 I lost rpm progressively and it sounded rich. Maybe I didn't have enough octane. No lights come on. I'll try more octane next week. I was 40% 94 and 60%c111. C111 is the same barrel as c110 which is sold in the US. just a different sticker according not to VP.

Don't forget, as you go up in boost, you create more heat. At a point, you start chasing your tail as the charge air is so hot its actually a lot less dense to the point that you are losing power at higher boost.

Without an intercooler, there is a happy balance somewhere - part of it will depend on outside conditions, part of it will depend on your elevation. Fuel even can change things (depending on how "hot" or "cold" the fuel burns).

Hope that helps.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Rode in some deep and steep snow today 4000-5500ft. The tune worked awesome upto 8 psi. As I turned boost up to 10psi then 12 I lost rpm progressively and it sounded rich. Maybe I didn't have enough octane. No lights come on. I'll try more octane next week. I was 40% 94 and 60%c111. C111 is the same barrel as c110 which is sold in the US. just a different sticker according not to VP.[/QUOTE

I agree with JJ, at 10 PSI plus and no intercooler your intake temps would be very high. You have more than enough octane with your current mix. I run my MTNTK at 9ish lbs with 25% C12 and Shell 91. Are you riding the Coast?

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
I ride Merritt to Hope mountains.
With silbers tune I can pull hills upto 14psi boost but the problem with there tuning is at any boost level when on hard pull soon as you let off the throttle and get back in to it it dies. It's very unsafe. Silbers bogs when tree riding aswell. Shawn said he'd make some adjustment if something wasn't right so we will see how it ends up. For now atleast I can ride 8psi and get back to pushing myself without the worry of the sled falling in its face.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
ok cool
i guess what i meant is
did you do any other changes when you did map change
as in clutching etc...

just trying to compare apples to apples
thanks

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
On throttle and off with stumble sound more like tps symptom or bad voltage regulator. Mine had similar symptoms and it was combination of the 2 ran 9 lbs last week with excellent results at 8 to 10 thousand feet.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
On throttle and off with stumble sound more like tps symptom or bad voltage regulator. Mine had similar symptoms and it was combination of the 2 ran 9 lbs last week with excellent results at 8 to 10 thousand feet.

Glad to hear the tps fixed your sled. They are common.

The problem with mine has been there since I put the turbo kit on the sled at 50miles, 3 years ago. I constantly swapped parts trying to find the supposed issue including tps. All along I felt it was silbers tuning. And now the on and off throttle problem is gone with mtntk tuning.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
Glad to hear the tps fixed your sled. They are common.

The problem with mine has been there since I put the turbo kit on the sled at 50miles, 3 years ago. I constantly swapped parts trying to find the supposed issue including tps. All along I felt it was silbers tuning. And now the on and off throttle problem is gone with mtntk tuning.

Its weird some people have this problem. My 13 has over 4k miles now and 3k are with a reflash silber on it. My sled ran as good as it ever has this year. I dont get it.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
A lot of popping comes from loaded crank and clutching. Mds clutching has a Silber specifically designed kit. We have added this to all our sleds and it runs flawless no miss or pops etc... Silbers clutching is good for the average joe but not for the workhorse backcountry rider. If you want bottom end cleaned up mds kits do that as well. Tested and dynoed them all season....

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
A lot of popping comes from loaded crank and clutching. Mds clutching has a Silber specifically designed kit. We have added this to all our sleds and it runs flawless no miss or pops etc... Silbers clutching is good for the average joe but not for the workhorse backcountry rider. If you want bottom end cleaned up mds kits do that as well. Tested and dynoed them all season....

What helix do they use? They only show weights and 1 spring on there website.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Its weird some people have this problem. My 13 has over 4k miles now and 3k are with a reflash silber on it. My sled ran as good as it ever has this year. I dont get it.

Probably had a few different tunes they've been sending out as a beta testing...

Premium Features