• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ladies Riding Clinic, Amber Holt, Backcountry Basics course

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
SPECIALIZING IN INSTRUCTION FOR WOMEN
http://www.backcountrybasics.com/index.html

backcountry_basics_llc002001.jpg

Backcountry Basics "SHE CAN RIDE" clinics were created to provide a NON-INTIMIDATING instructional environment for WOMEN ONLY. Technical riding skills, rider safety, and avalanche awareness are taught on a private riding range. A key learning aspect is the classes are kept small and semi-private. The curriculum content was structured by veteran instructor Amber Holt and recognizes the physical and emotional differences needed throughout the learning experience for the female gender. Holt now offers Women’s and couples specific backcountry riding programs that focus on bringing more women confidently into the “sport and style” of western riding with the help of Arctic Cat and the snowmobile tourism industry.

“His and hers” package are a twist off the original “She Can Ride” package. This package is a great way that will help him, help her in getting started. This package awakens a unique perception toward her learning needs. They are structured to provide a getaway package that includes instruction, guide, and stay. First days of range instruction and guided backcountry are planned so that each gender can move at a comfortable personal pace. Couples then finished their stay with a guided backcountry experience strengthing a passionate bond of interest together.

==

Amber Holt is the the Owner and Master Instructor of Backcountry Basics. She has found instruction in all forms a very rewarding compliment to her life’s passions. Her instructional background began in her early teens as Professional Equine Trainer and then evolved into the Ski and Snowboard Industry as a Professional Coach and Instructor. At age 23 she joined her local Fire and EMS services where she proceeded to gain higher levels of training credentials as a result of working up ranks. During the summer months she is an motorcycle instructor for Idaho STAR, MSF, and Harley Davidson's Rider's Edge program.

backcountry_basics_llc005008.jpg

backcountry_basics_llc005009.jpg

In addition to these experiences and an immeasurable level of passion for backcountry snowmobiling, life’s lessons, a college education in the area of Aeronautical Science, Business and Marketing, Business Owner, and what she holds most grateful to is her amazing mentor, her Husband, Budd. These factor combined built the pillars and pedigree behind the foundation of what Backcountry Basics Snowmobile Clinics has become today.

backcountry_basics_llc005005.jpg

From Amber's very first snowmobile ride with Budd in Alaska to the present, it has been a personal pursuit to develop and refine an educational means that would allow her to share with others that incredible experience and reward that backcountry riding has to offer. Her greatest enjoyment as an instructor comes from possessing the instructional skills and tools that can enable other riders to overcome their own personal apprehensions, fears and frustrations. These factors are often the paralyzing roadblocks to enjoying backcountry riding to its fullest. Amber finds it a great honored to assist in another rider’s break through moment when they confidently overcome these blockades and recognizes their endless capabilities!

backcountry_basics_llc005003.jpg

W

Woops!

Mar 13, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
I have wanted to go to one of Ambers clinics since I heard about them.... It's just to Dang expensive to get there! You all just need to come up to Alaska!

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
hmm

I've been wanting to get my wife to go to one of these, but she flat refuses, she tells me there is no way we are spending that much on a clinic for her!!! Guess we'll hafta wait for something closer to where we live..

snohomish

Premium Member
Jan 9, 2013
Booked a two day course for my wife and I the end of jan. She and I are really looking forward to this together.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Start getting into shape for it now or the first day will be brutal. Practicing techniques over and over again is certainly a workout even when you are going at your own pace. The second day you get to link the techniques together and it is less of a workout and for lack of a better term more enjoyable. Not saying the first day isn't enjoyable just that you are definitely working harder the first day trying to break bad habits and learning new stuff Well worth the money and your time and Amber is a great instructor

Premium Features