• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ceramic coating ??

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
Hey all I have an 06 m7 with an ovs turbo and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to ceramic coat the pistons the head and the pipe the reason I am asking is will it help to protect from any det issues that could happen I know I have to run good good fuel anyway but it was just a thought??

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I wouldn't spend my money on coating the head or pistons. And would only ceramic coat the exhaust for visual aesthetics.

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
we used to do it on our 700 and 800 Polaris motors so I was just thinking when rebuild time comes I might have it done

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
we used to do it on our 700 and 800 Polaris motors so I was just thinking when rebuild time comes I might have it done

Wouldn't harm anything for sure.

Although racinstation said something awhile back about ceramic coating on a m7. He said that in testing, the ceramic coated pipes on the m7 held to much heat in and actually lost performance.

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
I was under the impression that ceramic coating sent the heat out the exhaust and did not hold it in that's where I thought it would be nice to have the head and pistons done

Premium Features