• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Suspension setup

S
My turbo m8 is wheeling in the super steep—a 3" Extreme track has changed the handling dramatically. Gotta get the front down before I hit a tree real hard!

I have a 2011 M8 with stock suspension. Suggestions for tuning would be appreciated! thanks!!

S
Thanks for the KMOD suggestion however I plan to continue working with the stock suspension.

In general, other than a turbo, I find aftermarket parts do NOT provide a good return on investment. Most upgrades are nothing but eye candy or jewelery. I not saying the KMOD is in that category however I'm sure there are more cost effective options that have a far superior return.

Someone must have cost effective options that work with the stock suspension? Rear suspension coupling blocks would make sense.

Thanks!

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
If I had your sled with a 3" track

I would definitely buy the KMOD conversion. if you sell your sled, yank the Kmod out of it before you sell it. the Kmod is fully adjustable to control ski lift. I have a Twisted TM8 with Kmod, and when I will sell it if the new buyer don't want to pay for the Kmod , I'll put it on my next sled. that way your not losing your investment, but you are accomplishing what you need to accomplish

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Don't compromise. Do you want to only keep the skis down or do you want complete control of the power your sled has? If your answer is the first option then pump up your rear shock, suck in your limiters and don't complain or fish for more info when you realize, "that just isn't working either", that's all you can do other than adding the OVS coupler. It's good for what it is but it won't give you the control factor. If you aren't about half as$ing and want to do it right the first time, get the KMOD with Raptor shocks.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Thanks for the KMOD suggestion however I plan to continue working with the stock suspension.

In general, other than a turbo, I find aftermarket parts do NOT provide a good return on investment. Most upgrades are nothing but eye candy or jewelery. I not saying the KMOD is in that category however I'm sure there are more cost effective options that have a far superior return.

Someone must have cost effective options that work with the stock suspension? Rear suspension coupling blocks would make sense.

Thanks!

I have never had a return as good as what the kmod gives on a turbo.
Get off the crack pipe, I actually know the difference and the a turbo without a kmod just as well be half a turbo or less, not only does the kmod do more than you ever imagine, it holds real value and AT LEAST doubles the value of the turbo when it come to total control and full use of power.
I have not found a single product that was worth so much in this application.

I'm not saying you can't find a way to do something that will work, you very well may, but you have no idea, the kmod is so cheap for what you get and the value it adds the ability and full potential of the turbo.

96j

Oct 13, 2008
nw iowa
what about the other skids

Doing a turbo on my 2010 m8 this year, so that is taking all the extra cash I have. But what about the other skids out there? Like the mountain tamer or e z ryde. Heard just from the guys with the k mod, like i said will probably be buying a skid next year. Just wondering what the difference is between them.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Doing a turbo on my 2010 m8 this year, so that is taking all the extra cash I have. But what about the other skids out there? Like the mountain tamer or e z ryde. Heard just from the guys with the k mod, like i said will probably be buying a skid next year. Just wondering what the difference is between them.

The old mtn tamer sucks, some guys don't like me saying that but I would take a stock skid over it any day, the EZ ryde is one some like and is really liked on the hillclimb circut but its a pain to adjust. The new mtn tamer is a lot better but you can't couple it all the way the arms are different length etc... but should be a better skid.
The KMod, lots of options and it flat out works.
Now if you can't afford it thats another thing. On the '10 and older just a revalve of the rear shock will do a lot, the stock valving doesn't return fast enough. The OVS or like artic thunders will work for now.

W

WINJE

Apr 15, 2010
Bellingham, WA
The old mtn tamer sucks, some guys don't like me saying that but I would take a stock skid over it any day, the EZ ryde is one some like and is really liked on the hillclimb circut but its a pain to adjust. The new mtn tamer is a lot better but you can't couple it all the way the arms are different length etc... but should be a better skid.
The KMod, lots of options and it flat out works.
Now if you can't afford it thats another thing. On the '10 and older just a revalve of the rear shock will do a lot, the stock valving doesn't return fast enough. The OVS or like artic thunders will work for now.

I like what you say about the different skids. I have a 2012 turbo m8 which I just switched from a 153" 2.25" to a 162 2.6. It has the ez Ryde suspension on it and let me tell you it is for the hill climb circuit. It climbs steep, sucks up the ruts and all the holes where people got stuck at. However I don't race I want it to handle better in the woods for boon docking and technical riding. I don't know how to adjust it for woods riding or if its even possible to do so with the ez ryde. is the K mod suspension for woods and technical riding? Or is it for everything. Please help with ez Ryde if you know how to set them up. Thanks

Premium Features