• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best turbo for 2010 m8

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
Take the best parts of each kit and put together your own:

I base my setups more towards twisted because its simple and works but use a little of ovs as well.

On the 1200 I'm using OVS's turbo and external gate stuff, y pipe spring clamps, extended reed stops. Twisted oil tank (modified and lowered down) as well as air box/injectors/t bodies.

On the 8's mostly twisted, different charge tube, wta, gauges/ boost it box. OVS y pipe spring clamps, extended reed stops.

I think most kits have something a little bit better than the other and less in another area, a lot cheaper to just put together one on your own too.

Gotta thank whimp on here for some guidance on current builds.

Last edited:

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
No. Not much better. Still nothing backing why you've put the company's in that order. Except for evo. And that's not even a option right now.

Why OVS on top?

What separates OVS from twisted?

I think OVS has done a lot of work to understand how to make stuff work at higher boost levels, yet still jump off the bottom really well.
Things like tial housings, state of the art exhaust clamps, custom reed stops, air box mounted to the motor instead of TBs, all contribute to huge, consistent, and reliable horse power. I ride from 7500' to 11,000' with out messing with anything but a fuel setting.

CPC always has clean looking stuff, but I have never ridden one.

Twisted also made clean looking kits, but I think he is not doing it full time anymore.

I've only seen one boondocker M8 turbo, it was a pump gas and it ran nice.

Heath

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2008
Thx for the feed back. How about narrowing it down to pump gas plug and play, best one?

Knox

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2010
North Dakota
I would also like to know which plug n play pump gas setup works the best and easiest to tune and work with

A
Dec 19, 2011
if it was my money, i would be doing a ovs propane kit. High boost on dirt cheap propane instead of pricey race fuel.

I dont know why propane isnt on more sleds. A propane m1000 turbo would be terrifying!

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I would say if its your 1st time with a turbo or the install I would buy a kit unless you are good at fabrication with lots of tools.. I think most of the kits out there are put together for a Price range most beginners want to pay, unfortunately that usually included some crappy, Chinese garbage parts and turbos. If you want the best options out there, stick with the good names, tial, garrett, and do your homework.. There are a lot of ways to skin a cat, you want the one which make the most power per pound of boost, smooth power, consistant tuning, clean fit and finish..

Now each builder has their own take on clutching, what works for you and your riding style wont always be what comes in those kits..

Ovs sells the kit with better quality parts out there
Boost it makes the better fuel box

Those are my opinions having worked on all of the kits

Get outside of the hood air
Get more motor mounts
Get/make tools to check for boost leaks
Do you research on clutching

Premium Features