• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS Propane Turbo + spare buddy tank :)

K

Klimbing Kitty

"Accidentally" ran 22lbs for a few pulls in front of Burandts guest ranch by Bear and Diamond mountain, something like 8400ft elev. It was an early morning run and just for a few rips so heat soak wasn't a factor but regardless it did not det, just stretched my arms out a bit:) I am so head over heels in love with propane turbo power now. Compared to gas it is so engine friendly at boost levels that pump gas (let alone race gas) I can't see ever touching. And it can sometimes idle at a lower rpm then the stator can even make power to light up the gauge! Took me all season to get there due to a boost leak I was chasing that I wasn't aware of but of course on the last day of my season in april everything worked out. Wish I would have had clutching spot on for that day, ran 16 lbs no problem other than I put way too much heel weight in and created a longer lag than I wanted. Once it was lit up though man it was a beast!!!

Sled is for sale though. Have a 12 on the way and will consider propaning it as well when they get done making a kit for it. If it doesnt sell, no biggie, love that sweet lady propane man, it is out of this world! Most unique sled ever. Gets more looks than anything I have ever driven.

So where was the boost leak?? My Buds sled can't get past 14 pounds? His tial boost screw is all the way in and will not go any farther. As well it det's all the time after a couple of pulls. Will a real small leak cause det? and drop in boost. He is a Cat Mechanic so he knows his $hit. Everything has been changed except the mixer and he runs a cooler???

F
Aug 11, 2010
So where was the boost leak?? My Buds sled can't get past 14 pounds? His tial boost screw is all the way in and will not go any farther. As well it det's all the time after a couple of pulls. Will a real small leak cause det? and drop in boost. He is a Cat Mechanic so he knows his $hit. Everything has been changed except the mixer and he runs a cooler???

Did his sled use to run good or has it always had problems?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
what kinda afr are you running? if the exhaust side leaks at all it does really dumb stuff. simple junk like the donuts wearing out would cause stuff like low boost to happen, with the screws cranked in it should be seeing what the turbo can do, and that is WAY mroe then 14#.

also, the 11's definately have a higher comp ratio and different porting, so even the gassers cant push the boost as far, might be an issue for you, but again, the limited controller range indicates something different.

I wouldnt worry to much about the mixer, there is almost nothing that could really go wrong with them and cause them to leak, but a simple pressure test goes a LONG way.

4mcntrls

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Drayton Valley Alberta
What spring is in the convertor? I was having trouble with mine at lower elevations until I changed the spring in the convertor. 800+ miles 13 lbs 1000-9000ft and i haven't touched a thing. Pull and go the whole time. I did get a little carried away with the boost on day 20+ lbs for a couple short pulls:).

Premium Features