• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

poll

Polaris Pro Rmk Sway Bar IN Or NO

• YES..

Votes: 84 82.4%
  • NO..

Votes: 18 17.6%

• Total voters
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Sorry, I guess I didn't read the part about yes or no only!!!!!

I'm coming off a cat with no sway bar, so after 1 ride on the pro I unbolt the sway bar and zip tie it up to the a-arm.
I liked it at first, but found that I had to crank my front springs up quite a bit.
After 3 rides like this, I found that during flat/downhill/offcamber situations that the downhill ski would dive into the snow almost throwing me off the sled.
I now have the swaybar bolted back in place, and the front springs still turned very stiff, and i really like this setup.

Last edited:
R
Mar 2, 2008
Kindred, ND
I now have the swaybar bolted back in place, and the front springs still turned very stiff, and i really like this setup.

I also like the front with the sway bar in and springs very stiff also, adjusted my dads just like that and also my 08 is the same way. just what i am used to tho.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
This question is worthless as it's entirely dependent on what shocks you're running... stock Pro shocks (weaksauce valving and springs) absolutely need the stabilizer bar. Most aftermarket with aggressive valving, like Fox Evol R's, work better without.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
This question is worthless as it's entirely dependent on what shocks you're running... stock Pro shocks (weaksauce valving and springs) absolutely need the stabilizer bar. Most aftermarket with aggressive valving, like Fox Evol R's, work better without.

Have FUN!

G MAN

I guess I would have to agree as most who run without the swaybar tend to do change up the shock set up.

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Yes, i will agree. Have to upgrade the front. Thinkin Fox Evols. for 1000$

Or set up to the Fox Evols with top piggy and lower 1500$

Or Cheaper way yet.

Sending shock out. Getting Piggy on Stock, Make it better for 500$

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Tried one ride with it out, stiffened shocks. Found it dove bad in slow speed off camber. Put it back in.....much better.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Removing the sway bar with stiffer shock springs is the only way my Ski Doo MxZ-XRs(?) will boondock. This sled will absolutley not lean over in powder unless the sway bar is removed. Remember the fun is in trying all the different set-up options available out there.

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :face-icon-small-hap
Assault spring are in, will try the stiffer springs should be better as stock one are all the way and still a bit soft. Happy sledding. lol.:face-icon-small-hap

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Removing the sway bar with stiffer shock springs is the only way my Ski Doo MxZ-XRs(?) will boondock. This sled will absolutley not lean over in powder unless the sway bar is removed. Remember the fun is in trying all the different set-up options available out there.

Totally different animal. Ski-doo is a must to remove sway bar. Pro RMK, handles better with it in.

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Installed Assault springs today. Spring were 1/2" longer and wire is bigger. Set up springs so I have 5/8" left of threads. Way better now and It doesn't bottom out very often just on super hard landings, but at least if thats all I were to do were big jumps then I would turn up the springs a bit more. It also helped it out so it doesn't dive as easily as before. Never had a sway bar in since my 1997 sled. Best of all is you can hit any off camber jump with out sled wanting to get thrown around.
:face-icon-small-hap ITS JUST A SMOOTHER RIDE.:face-icon-small-hap

F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
My theory was that taller narrower sled would lay over and stay over easier than a lower wider sled. The sway bar in makes the front end stay tall and narrow when up on one ski with relatively soft springs. Seemed to be ok if you weren't a big jumper. If you do run a lot stiffer front sppring rates there would be a point where you render the front suspension useless with the sway bar and stiff springs. I have found that letting too much air out of my floats on the front ruin my balance point because the front end collapses and makes it impossible to hold the sled over with the arms lower and wider. Supposedly Burant loves his swaybar.

Premium Features