• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

throttle response

M
May 19, 2009
cle elum WA
I have a 98 mm600 with the smart carbs and my throttle response really sucks. I will get on the gas and the sled takes a few seconds to react. It has a brand new belt on it and the gearing is pretty low (only tops out at 60). Would this be a clutching issue or an issue with the engine itself?

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I would look at the clutching first. If the clutching is hanging up then it could make it slow engaging. The belt could be worn and dropped down into the secondary clutch causing slow response also. You can always take the belt off and see if the rpms are coming up quickly without the belt in the way while watching the primary clutch to make sure it is closing.

S

Super Sled

Jul 10, 2009
Duluth, MN
Is it bogging, then going, without reving up? Or is it reving up a bit before it goes? Or maybe reving up a bit, then clunking and then going? Coulf be so many things, so just wondering what is happening.

M
May 19, 2009
cle elum WA
I would hit the gas and the sled would remain at the same rpm for a second and then jump up to a higher rpm. however it seems to have gone away. maybe it was just the new belt.

Premium Features