Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: 2-stroke Includes all Yamaha 2-strokes, Viper, Mountain Max, etc

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
yonkabluna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SX Viper/Mountain Max Engine Swap

Does anybody know if this is possible? I have a complete 700 Mountain Max donor sled and would like to put the engine out of that into a SX Viper. I know that the SX Viper is a power valve engine, but I was thinking that if the chassis were similar enough I would be able to drop it in.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Currently: Im back Baby!
TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE! has a reputation beyond reputeTRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE! has a reputation beyond reputeTRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE! has a reputation beyond reputeTRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE! has a reputation beyond reputeTRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE! has a reputation beyond reputeTRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE! has a reputation beyond reputeTRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE! has a reputation beyond reputeTRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE! has a reputation beyond reputeTRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE! has a reputation beyond reputeTRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE! has a reputation beyond reputeTRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE! has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Yes it can be done. You would essentialy be building a Yamaha Venom. Only difference would be Yamaha produced the Venom with a 600 redhead engine insted of a 700. You will need to swap out the front part of the bulkhead that your front engine mounts bolt to and use the 700 redhead front mounts. If the front bulkhead is still good on the donor sled you would only have the expense of the rivets you will need. Also If you are wanting to add triple pipes you will need to find a set designed for the Yamaha Venom so you get the right fitment. Simons CPR makes them as well as other pipe builders. Actually I think there is a set of Hauks for sale on Ebay right now.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
yonkabluna is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the information. Sounds pretty straight forward actually. Now I guess it is decision time...

Thanks again.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Currently: Feeling at home, back on a Summit X!!!!!!
Super Sled has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Sled has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Sled has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Sled has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Sled has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Sled has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Sled has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Sled has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Sled has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Sled has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Sled has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonkabluna View Post
Does anybody know if this is possible? I have a complete 700 Mountain Max donor sled and would like to put the engine out of that into a SX Viper. I know that the SX Viper is a power valve engine, but I was thinking that if the chassis were similar enough I would be able to drop it in.

But unless your viper engine was completely blown beyond fixing and you just have a Mtn Max engine laying around, why would you want to do this? Not ripping, just not understanding why you'd do that.....