• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cutler vs Boondocker

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
On the traditional intercooler's they will not cool with/out air moving through them and when in the trees doing technical riding in deep snow there is not near enough air moving through the intercooler to be efficient. So instead they become heat soaked and make it worse. It also increases lag from having more charge tube displacement. For my kind of riding I would only use a water to air cooler, or none at all. But I guess if you race across lakes and always cruise at 50+mph any cooler would work.

L

little_orange_cat

Apr 7, 2008
lynden
www.myspace.com
That's why they have fans on them now (I have an 1100 cfm fan on my m8)
When I had mine with no fan, I cut a big hole in my hood and used that plastic poster board and ran it to the intercooler so the snow would only go on the intercooler (and not my clutches and everything else) when I was in the woods the snow would pile up on the cooler and it worked awesome.
I agree though i see some people with intercoolers that have no vents in the hood no fan I laugh every time because its pointless then.

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
Let me be clearer. I do not like coolers mainly because of weight and most do not work like they should. I have played with them and I made one that work in testing we could not get over 150 charge temps and I have a few that run it and love it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

that is freakin sweet!

Dec 17, 2007
I Believe the main issue is to put outside cold ar into the intake. cpc and I believe twisted now does this. pulling warm air from in front of turbo problably would utilize a cooler. I run 26psi of boost in my superduty with a V10 gas motor. In the summer I run methanol water injection to help cool charge temp. But in the winter colder air and road speeds across the cooler are sufficent. I run a temp probe in the charge tube at the entance of the throttle body and know that the cooler below 30mph makes no differnce. Just my.02 cents.

Premium Features