• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Screen Name Meaning ????

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
First name Tom, "x" is for "xteamrider." Nobody will probably get this, but I'm an old school skateboarder, one of my favorite pro's was John Lucero. Lucero rode for Madrid skateboards in the early to mid 80s. He drew the graphics for one of the most popular skateboard graphics of all time (below). When Lucero left the team to start his own skateboard company they continued to sell his board under the 'xteamrider' name. I always thought it was kinda crazy that even though he left the team, they hung onto producing the board cause it was so awesome. It resonated with me that long after leaving the team, they still lament you... that and I've always hated team sports, so being excommunicated from the team fit my teenage punk rock ethics.

For most of the mid-90's through 2010 or so my internet surname on most forums and what not was 'xteamrider.' But with the popularity of so called 'xtreme sports' people would often fumble on my name and say 'xtreamrider' which leaves a sour taste in my mouth. So I shortened it to 'tomx'.

Mort2112

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Meridian, ID
Mort was the name I picked when my dad got our first PC. It was a 2.4 MHz HP or something and only displayed 4 colors. We had a copy of wheel of fortune and that's the name I played as. 2112 is of course a Rush album and being a drummer is my favorite band.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I am a Law Enforcement Park Ranger for South Dakota State Parks. My main winter duty is snowmobile patrol in the Black Hills of SD. Other snowmobilers and business owners call us snow cops. Going on my 27th year patrolling the Black Hills.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Way WAY back when Snowest was still on my dialup connection- I had the user name Mountaindoo, that was around 1991
( Live in the Wyoming mountains and rode a skidoo )
When the forums changed, and everyone had a time frame to keep their current user name or loose it- well... I screwed up and lost the name as someone already took it.

SO... Still in the Wyoming Mountains-and in the Summer Ride/race RZR's here in the sage brush of Wyoming- and winter time the sage areas are covered-
So just made sense that Sage Crusher worked as the sage brush doesn't stand a chance summer or winter.....

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Mine's pretty straight forward, it was my first truck I ever owned and I drove it for many years, I use variations of it of a couple of forums, but this is the only forum I'm still active on. I've since had several more Ford trucks, an 02 Lariat I had for 7 years, an 06 I had for 10 months, and now a 2012 I've had for over a year. I really liked my 02, it was such a step up from the old body 94 in every way possible, and to the same tune, I really love my 2012, the 6.7L and all the goodies the new lariat trim comes with are amazing! The 94 is still in the family, I gave it to my dad as a gift after I bought my house 6 years ago. It's got 215,000 miles on it and still runs good, it doesn't get driven as much these days though.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I am a Law Enforcement Park Ranger for South Dakota State Parks. My main winter duty is snowmobile patrol in the Black Hills of SD. Other snowmobilers and business owners call us snow cops. Going on my 27th year patrolling the Black Hills.

That's cool, I don't ride SD in the winter but during the summer we're down there with the SxS's, so do I need to watch out for you in the summer ?!?!? LOL

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Some time in the early 2000's I was running a sled in a ditch along a highway. On the highway were a couple friends of mine in a vehicle. A couple miles before my destination is a railroad crossing. Well, I didn't get up on the road high enough when I crossed the railroad track. The left ski caught the track, flipping me and the sled on our sides. The sled slid across the entire highway, I slid about half way across. My buddies pulled up and one of them said, "You remember that scene in Slednecks 3 where Jay Quinlan jumps that rail and slides across the highway? It looked like that...but not nearly as cool." They laughed, I winced in pain, and I've been using it as a screen name since...

Had same thing happen to a friend with new sled under 50 miles. There was about 15 of us night riding and we talked about railroad crossing 10 minutes before he hit it. Rolled many time sparks flying he didn't get hurt but quit riding after that sled sits in his garage banged up to this day. Almost 20 years ago.

Quinlan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
Had same thing happen to a friend with new sled under 50 miles. There was about 15 of us night riding and we talked about railroad crossing 10 minutes before he hit it. Rolled many time sparks flying he didn't get hurt but quit riding after that sled sits in his garage banged up to this day. Almost 20 years ago.

My dad gave me a lot of grief for my accident. Fast forward a few weeks, same sled, same crossing, only with my dad riding it...and he does the exact same thing. All he could say was, "Oh...I see how you did that now." :face-icon-small-con

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
I used to fish bass tournaments. It's been my user name and handle for just about everything since the onset of the internet. I still fish a lot, just don't do the tourney thing anymore. Never really made money doing it when all the costs were added up.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I picked my name because in our riding group I was the one who carried tools and new the most about sleds. (Which wasn’t really that much)

Could fit me to.. used to like AND have time for projects and mod-sleds.. carried tools!

Mines just guess-where-I-live, boring.. no imagination. Kept it here, on Amsnow (!), BCR, HCS and others.

Snowest since -97 I think?? Old happens..

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Mine came from drinking Jim Beam and shooting a New York big buck . Of course I was having a Beam at the time I first found SW not arrowing the buck.

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Mines my nickname which came from talking really fast, got it when I was a kid and I guess it just stuck. Started off as ziggitybobbity lol

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
College football nickname and jersey number. One of my fellow athletes/friends started a fly fishing company later on, named Bigrock but was just coincidental, certainly not in honor of me!

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
So I know you all have been wondering.... and yes, it's true.

No not really, I just made that up. Aerosmith song, not my favorite but, provocative for sure, on a forum full of guys with testosterone imbalances. LOL

Hopefully people just get a laugh out if it, that was the point.:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features